Deamonettes of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deamonettes of Slaanesh

Hey everyone. I'm currently trying to play test a Slaanesh / Tzeentch army, however I haven't had the opportunity to see what mettle some units are made of since I only played once.

My current list at the moment fields two units of 10 horrors and a unit of 17 Daemonettes + Alluress. As everyone knows Horrors lack combat prowess, that is a fact, however they do their part during magic phases in a quite efficient way.

Unluckyly I haven't had the chance to let the daemonettes join combat, as by turn 2 the game was favoring me as a solid victory already resulting in a massacre by turn 3, so I don't really know what they are capable of. I really don't trust them from what I see on paper, they are rather fragile, they won't withstand a charge and don't seem to be able to give a punch on the charge.

Also, I was thinking of reducing their numbers to 10 or swap them completly for 10 horrors. With the points I gain I can swap a unit of 3 flamers for 3 fiends of slaanesh and increase the number of furies from 5 to 9. So that my rare choices would be 6 flamers and 3 fiends, while my core choices will be three units of 10 horrors and 9 furies.

I would appreciate any ideas and comments regarding my choices and point of views and/or any field knowledge about deamonettes.

Best Regards

Niko Grimnar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

If you are looking for combat prowess then Bloodletters will outperform Daemonettes just about every time. I did some mathhammer for 6 wide Bloodletters and 6 wide Daemonettes on a charge with champ but no Herald. Bloodletters are better in all cases except T:3, AS:6+ cases. If you add in Heralds then Letters get even better because they can reroll misses. However Daemonettes can get the Banner of Ecstasy which will almost assure you of being able to hold for the first round of combat if things go very poorly.

If you are looking for just Slaanesh and Tzeentch then the Daemonettes will perform better in CC than Horrors but you will need something to flank to help out. Fiends are a good idea. I would also try to find a few points to get the Furies up to 2 units of 5. They are excellent for all kinds of things and multiple groups work well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback mate, I'll give bloodletters a shot, however I'm not really convinced that reducing the number of attacks for a bit more strength will be enough. Also it would have been better if there was a solution of the main deities but unluckily this is not always possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

I'm not really convinced that reducing the number of attacks for a bit more strength will be enough
    Strength is huge in CC. Str: 5 will wound on 2's or 3's with a -2 to armor save while STR: 3 wounds on 4's or 5's with no armor save mod. 33% better chance to wound and fail saves. That being said I totally understand you trying to stay with the 2 gods you have chosen. It is very possible to use Slaanesh effectively in CC. You just have to adjust your tactics a bit. You will need to choose your fights more carefully and maneuver to get combo-charges off. Fiends are an excellent choice and seekers can be used for getting both yourself and your opponent into the right positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

As NecroNid pointed out the Bloodletters do work out to be better against most things than the Daemonettes, though ironically the Deamonettes are very good at killing Bloodletters and will come out top providing they strike first which the should due to higher movement and initiative.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried another game. This time I used 3 units of horrors of 10. They proofed to be quite effective, annihilating any weak potential charger or doing enough damage to render the enemy inoffensive. Obviously a whole unit was wiped out by a charge from 5 Knights of Khorne however another unit held for 3 rounds of combat with a Hellcannon, even killing a dwarf!

The changed list, as said, now fields 3 fiends of slaanesh which didn't get the chance to get into combat but absorbed magic missiles leading to just 1 casualty. Their presence was felt through out the whole game.

I will try another game using Bloodletters to see their potential but this far I prefer the 3 units of horrors set up.

Also since I didn't mention this before, just to let you know, I field a Keeper of Secrets as well which since now it did its job pretty well. It is almost untouchable in combat and apart from 1st turn it is always in combat

As for the Strength > Attacks issue, 7 out of 10 armies I get to face in my local tournaments are usually toughness 3. So I was led to "believe" that Attacks > Strength and kind of got stuck to that idea.

Thanks a lot for the help, please keep your ideas flowing I wish to learn from you guys.

Best Regards,

Niko Grimnar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

As for the Strength > Attacks issue, 7 out of 10 armies I get to face in my local tournaments are usually toughness 3. So I was led to "believe" that Attacks > Strength and kind of got stuck to that idea
    Number of attacks is good if you have something to help with the wounding like poison, killing blow, or no save attacks, etc... Otherwise it doesn't matter how many hits you get if you can't get the wounds through. That is why strength is so important. It affects two differents elements of the process, the wound, and the armor save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Daemonettes mulch weak units (they have AP too IIRC so it isn't so bad), while Bletters go after armored units (of course, with T3 they aren't hard to kill themselves).

I'll run Daemonettes 3 ways.

1) Small unit for flanking or going after skirmishers. Cheap, speedy, and murders anything lightly armored.

2) Decent sized unit with Banner of Ecstasy. 1 turn tarpit for a fraction the cost of Plaguebearers.

3) Decent sized (6x3, 7x3) unit with Sherald. Give the Sherald the Etherblade to threaten armor or the Torment Blade or MaM to get out more attacks. They can fight enemy infantry very well, but bounce off of anything with any sort of armor.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread