Vs..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vs.....

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Vs.....

Ok, I don't know if this has been done but I figured that like my Chaos marine threads, We do a thread where we discuss strategy and expirience with various armies. This thread Is devoted to dealing with Empire.
    I have not played against them as Daemons, but I have as WoC. Their advantage in shooting ca be our downfall. I run an all nurgle army. I can say that I love toughness 3 armies. You would be surprised how many toughness tests they can fail. As opposed to Dwarfs, Lizardmen, WoC, and Ogres. Thei magic is mediocre, i mean hey can take multiple wizards, but nothing we can't handle (Especially if you play tzeentch in which case you can just laugh.) Im looking at this from a Nurgle point of view though. It's near Impossible to kill a Great Unclean One by Conventinal means. If they have pit of shades then Nurgle units are pretty much screwed if they can't dispel it. Once we get into close combat though, we should be fine as long as the detachment dont flank us.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Nurgle's point of view, getting flanked by a detachment is not really a big problem considering that almost always you got a Herald with Slime Trail in the unit. The locus ability will also protect you from extra wounds, I mean who doesn't like 2 unmodifiable saves ?

The only prob against empire would be the heavy artillery, since they do not require to hit rolls and do massive spread damage, which can be taken care of by a couple of furies. I personally never faced a steam tank so I don't know what potential damage it can cause against the pestilent army, but the other units won't be much of a problem.

Best Regards,

Niko Grimnar

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I have given my hearlds the staff of nurgle so i can spam rancid visitation. Against armies like Empire where i have an easy chance of being flanked i can find a change.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i was to play against an Empire army, i would take one or two Tzeentch Heralds, with Master of Sorcery and possibly Winged Horror. I would also take Horrors, Screamers and Flamers.

This could mount up to quite an easy game for the Daemons, and result in lots of pain for the Empire.
    Realies teh impotance of proof raeding evrything yuo publish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

But It can get hard against 2 steam tanks and emporer on a dragon with 2 scroll caddys. Then juust fill up with inner circle knights. 2 steamtanks could take a great unclean one. And then just use overwhelm with all the attacks from a dragon and 2 steamtanks, picking off one unit at a time. I have seen it happen and it wasn't nice.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

+ Reply to Thread