Herald conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Herald conversions

Basically Im wondering what I can use for tournament legally herald models. The gamesworkshop does not have any herald models for tzeentch or nurgle. I want basic tzeentch heralds without discs but they have no models what can I use instead of them. same for nurgle without palanquins. I was just thinking of using flamers and detailings them extremely or using horrors and converting a few togher because the herald of tzeentch sayings it has flailing arms so I was thinking of just using basic horrors and upgrading them. what would your ideas be and is it legal to do this in tournament? Ive never played a conversion in a tournament so I wouldnt know if I can or not.

I bought the new deamons book a couple months ago because I had a stockpile of old hordes of chaos models which included 30 bloodletters, 6 flamers, 10 pink horrors for the demon side and some knights of chaos and other warriors stuff....I sold my warriors stuff and kept the deamons.

I own and play a 2000 points lizardmen army and Love them to death but I still have the deamons models and would like to make a small army with them but the units seem a little underpowererd without the heralds in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

You can use anything as long as its mostly made from GW products

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I use Games Workshop for tzeentch

and Games Workshop for nurgle

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Actually I'm thinking of starting a primarily Tzeentch force as well and have a similar question.

But what I want to specifically know is if there are restrictions on base size I should know about for different options. Or is it fine so long as it stays within reasoanble limits.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Your suppose to use the base that the model would be on

but unless its for official games, it doesn't matter

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by CrownAxe View Post
    Your suppose to use the base that the model would be on

but unless its for official games, it doesn't matter
    Right, for a known model. But We're talking about models that you have to convert as opposed to simply buy. Is the size of a chariot or winged guy standardized, or at that point is it flexible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

IF he's a chariot, then he's going to be on a chariot base

And its safe to assume that a herald is basically the same as a pink horror (since the Herald's entry is with eh pink horrors) so is on a standard 25x25. Wings also wouldn't change that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

As long as you have the model on the right base size, it is a made mostly with GW parts and it is clear what it is supposed to be then you can pretty much go wild especially with daemons as they are well... daemons after all. For example my tzeentch heralds are based on dryad models.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

yeah good awnsers everyone...but is it legal for tournaments and official games?

the guy who was our gamesworkshop official moved away and i am inc harge of 40k and fantasy at our local shop now..and i dont know if you are able to use conversions legaly...so for official games is it legal? would they kick the model you are using? and I know wrong area to ask this is but is it okey in 40k models to be converted because of their line of sight?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

the official rules are as no1cafc said.

== 50%+ of the model must be GW, rest custom made
    In some cases you have no choice other then convert a model, some models are simply unavailable at the time.
    if you want to add any models, it has to be a games workshop conversion, you will have to be able to show a judge it is over 50% made out of GW material, the rest has to be custom made, or not visibly from other games.

so if you can clearly see it has some famous '-Insert other wargame-' general's head, it will be disqualified.

== The base size will have to match out, you cannot make models bigger (or smaller) then theyre supposed to be due to injust use of ranking/magic items and other contact options.

== What you see is what you get.
    Any converted model must be clearly recognisable. at start of battle you will tell your opponent what model is what, and the enemy player will have to be ab;le to see what it is by himself. If he has to be reminded by you that the model is different then what it looks like its not a qualified model.

+ Reply to Thread