How to use the Great Icon of Despair? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

How to use the Great Icon of Despair?

So I'm not sure what the best way to use this is. Obviously it would probably work best being used in conjunction with a Greater Daemon but I don't know how to use them in conjunction. For instance if I'm charging my Greater Daemon into an enemy the Standard Bearer would already have to be within 12" of that enemy right? So it seems like I would have to move the Standard Bearer the turn before so that he was in position. Or is it best to have both the GD and SB charging at the same time? I was thinking of making a Herald of Tzeench with Winged Horror my SB and in that case I don't usually want him in combat.

So yeah, I'm just confused on the best way to use the Standard... any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

That icon has all sorts of synergy. To start with, yes, it has to be in 12" already for the modifier to take effect so you'll need both it and the GD positioned.

Not necessarily a bad thing - do it right and the GD can terrorise the enemy unit into the unit that would be charging it, thus destroying them with little or no effort - it requires a rear charge in most instances, of course.

For truly despicable synergy, you wheel out the masque and/or death magic. You can then go for the overkill of a ld modifier between -6 and -8 for giggles (Masque, GIoD, Doom and Darkness!). Or instead of D+D synergise with Shades of Death for a second terror causing unit.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread