dealing with high armor (like masque or blood crushers) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

dealing with high armor (like masque or blood crushers)

when dealing with high armor (like masque or blood crushers), how should i anticipate opponents trying to take them out?

a lot of people are telling me that missiles deal well with strong armor. what does that mean? is there a rule i'm missing? have any tips on getting through tough armor?

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

I wouldn't classify Bloodcrushers as having high armour, really. For the Masque and BCs, volume of shots is key. Force them to take enough saves and they'll fail eventually (particularly S4 and above. The 4+ armour of BCs evaporates quite easily). To be fair I'd avoid taking bloodcrushers - they're too expensive and too vulnerable for the points, it's what lets them down. If you must take them, try to use scenery to block LoS as much as possible.

The masque can hide behind units (particularly small support units) and avoid getting shot most of the time.

You're not missing a rule (well, you shouldn't be), but it's much easier to take them on at range than it is in combat.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread