best army against daemons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which army?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beastmen

1 1.27%
  • Bretonnia

1 1.27%
  • Daemons of chaos (it happens)

2 2.53%
  • Dark elves

17 21.52%
  • Dwarfs

2 2.53%
  • The Empire

5 6.33%
  • High elves

10 12.66%
  • Lizardmen

17 21.52%
  • Ogres

0 0%
  • Orcs & Goblins

0 0%
  • Skaven

3 3.80%
  • Tomb Kings

2 2.53%
  • Vampire Counts

8 10.13%
  • Warriors of Chaos

4 5.06%
  • Wood elves

7 8.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

best army against daemons?

So as a daemon player myself and one that hates to go against them, personally, I was curious as to what you guys thought from your overall experiences etc. As to what the best army or maybe in some of your cases the worst army to go against with your daemons is.

They're a pretty solid army, so I'm curious as what some your responses will be.

"Hmmm maybe it should have been titled "worst army to play against..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Think high elves CAN do it, if played right, go magic heavy, go lore of light and just blast them with a lot of S6 hits, Teclis + 3 mages= PAIN
    To Sleep Tzeentch shall come for us all in the end.
    Perchance to Dream To change the living, to the dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted warriors of chaos just because of Gate of Infinity or whatever that spell is that sucks an entire unit/model off the board. High elves I have a lot less problems with, standard of sundering owns teclis and lots of magic. ESPECIALLY when they all take light lore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

High Elves? No. They can be a pain, but if you get your positioning right they fall apart rapidly - only when you deploy badly, i.e. putting flamers opposite dragon princes, will you be in trouble.

Similarly, WoC just lacks the speed and mobility. They're a tough nut to crack, but you can be all over them with flyers and skirmishers and dictate play. As long as you can sensibly control the big spells the trouble is minimal.

It's Dark Elves, as the 2nd most powerful army in warhammer, that cause the big trouble. Multiple elite units that are immune to fear, multiple shot shooting which chews up daemon units nicely (lots of shots instead of high strength is what takes down daemons), fast units to counter our own and some sickening magic item combos which make a mockery of whatever you throw at them. DE have the right tools for the job.

Similarly, Lizards also have a lot of the right tools for the job, particularly with Engines stomping around. Multiple shots, area of effect weapons, high mobility and cold blooded.
    Last edited by Rork; February 25th, 2010 at 17:44.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

I voted High Elves. High Elves tend to give my all Khorne a good run, with Bolt Throwers, ASF and Eagles being VERY annoying...

Lizard men blow pipes also make it hard for my BT to flank, so they're up there too.

Strangely, I haven't faced Dark Elves yet with my Daemons...but Rork makes great points - Crossbows and RBT's take care of most of the Daemon list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I voted Lizardmen because they have a lot of poison attacks from the skinks and they just run around and shoot.. so it's easy to hit them with the multiple shots an poison combo. Also a slann mage+ 2 engine of the gods with lore of light can be devastating against deamons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I honestly fail to see why Dark Elves are the best. I admit I've only played against them about 8 times, but still. They're T3 elves! My warriors wreck em for being so weak. (insulting elves FTW). Personally I posted this because their are two guys at the local shop who play pure khorne that NOBODY (except at lower point levels) can crack. And since a 3000 point tournament is coming up, which makes damn near every army good. I was curious to know.

I know I'm bringing out the gunline from the closet. Perhaps not the best choice, compared to the 6 engines lizards have, or teclis with an arch mage and 4 lvl 2's magic spam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I actually don't see why khorne armies are good? There all frenzy and a good player will use it to lead your army on the battlefield instead of you..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

They don't frenzy.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well the armybook says clearly if you take a mark of khorne they get frenzy at least the WoC. Deamons aren't sorry last edition i geuss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast