Big Battle...few questios for you experienced guys. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Battle...few questios for you experienced guys.

Alright folks, me and the friends I play with (who are much more experienced and better than myself) are going to play a 3v3 game in a couple of weeks. One player is selected at random to be the grand general and field a 2500 pt army, and will be in the center. The other two armies will be 2000 pt armies on either side. Our side is VC, Daemons, and Orks v HE, Lizardmen, and Brettonia. I rolled for the big army on my side, and lizards on theirs...so they will be straight across from me. We won't determine who will be on either sides until the day of. I know the lizards are bringing two engines and a slann, and the elves are going to be pretty magic heavy with 16-19 PD.

So I want to pick all your brains, mostly because I'm new and have been stomped by this lizardman army before.

What would you guys bring? I've never fielded Kairos, but am considering it. He does a ton of screening with his stupid skinks, and I haven't figured out a good way to deal with them. I bet he'll have 3 or 4 units of skinks, 1 or 2 small units of teradons, maybe 2 units of saurus, and the slann will be in a unit of temple guard. Not exactly sure how he'll spend his points, but I know for sure he'll have the slann and two engines.

So...all comments welcome.

Last edited by shaynew1; June 17th, 2010 at 04:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shaynew1 View Post
    Alright folks, me and the friends I play with (who are much more experienced and better than myself) are going to play a 3v3 game in a couple of weeks. One player is selected at random to be the grand general and field a 2500 pt army, and will be in the center. The other two armies will be 2000 pt armies on either side. Our side is VC, Daemons, and Orks v HE, Lizardmen, and Brettonia. I rolled for the big army on my side, and lizards on theirs...so they will be straight across from me. We won't determine who will be on either sides until the day of. I know the lizards are bringing two engines and a slann, and the elves are going to be pretty magic heavy with 16-19 PD.

So I want to pick all your brains, mostly because I'm new and have been stomped by this lizardman army before.

What would you guys bring? I've never fielded Kairos, but am considering it. He does a ton of screening with his stupid skinks, and I haven't figured out a good way to deal with them. I bet he'll have 3 or 4 units of skinks, 1 or 2 small units of teradons, maybe 2 units of saurus, and the slann will be in a unit of temple guard. Not exactly sure how he'll spend his points, but I know for sure he'll have the slann and two engines.

So...all comments welcome.
    Bloodthirster bomb to deal with the engines. You should have no problems chewing through them, and a terror source is good to make the skinks roll dice i fthey are screening ahead of thier general.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't think I'd be too weak in magic if I took a bloodthirster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shaynew1 View Post
    You don't think I'd be too weak in magic if I took a bloodthirster?
    You got your allies to worry about the magic phase. Khorne can build quite the magical resistance don't you think? Apply bloodthirster twice per day and all your magical problems will go away.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloodthirster (550 Points)
    -- Obsidian Armor
    -- Immortal Fury
    -- Spellbreaker

Skulltaker on Juggernaut (200 Points)

Herald of Nurgle (275 Points)
    -- Palanquin
    -- Slime Trail
    -- Noxious Vapours
    -- Battle Standard Bearer
    -- Great Standard of Sundering

15 Plaguebearers Full Command (200 Points)
    (Herald of Nurgle BSB with Skulltaker go in this unit, this will be ur main anchor)

10 Horrors (120 Points)
    (Just for some Ranged and PD/DD)

10 Horrors (120 Points)
    (Just for some Ranged and PD/DD)

5 Flesh Hounds (175 Points)

5 Flesh Hounds (175 Points)

5 Flamers (175 Points)

You can change the Obsidian Armor with Armour of Khorne + Firestorm Blade

Just my 2p worth of note

+ Reply to Thread