P'tarix and his energy syphon. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P'tarix and his energy syphon.

Hello everyone! A big competetive tourny is coming up and I was thinking of fielding The Blue Scribes for their energy syphon abilty so that I have a 'steadier' flor of power dice. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to playtest the current lists I have, so I'm really in your hand's experience.

Just for your reference the list contains either one Lvl 4 (Life), two Lvl 2(Shadow, Beasts) and either The Scribes (most probably I'll take up the lore of Death for the occasional Purple Sun or Life for a bonus + heal) and an HoK Bsb or two HoKs (one Bsb).

Did anyone check The Scribes out this edition? Did the change to the Bound Spell system affect it so much?

Looking forward for your constructive feedback

Regards,

Niko Grimnar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the blue scribes in a 2v2 yesterday and it worked great (until it was killed by a stupid movement mistake). I was playing against tomb kings and high elves. I was generating between 6 and 8 extra dice a turn. The bound spells rule kinda stinks but once you determine what spell it is you don't have to use it. If it is a beast of a spell I was throwing the dice at it. I haven't used it 1v1 yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Death is always a fun choice because you generate more dice if you cause wounds, but then there's beasts, which basically means you have a chance of having your scribes turn into a dragon xD.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

I fought a couple of blue scribes recently, and we were a little unclear how these little buggers worked with the new rules. Could someone elaborate for me how they work with the new boundspell rules? Do they generate a random boundspell that is automatically cast at the spells casting value, or do they still need to use powerdice to cast the generated boundspell?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Well first you roll which spell he gets to cast, then the owner gets to choose wether or not he will attempt to cast it, if he does then it's treated exactly as any other Bound spell. (magic level is the casting value). I guess the scribes still has to roll to cast it..
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread