Plaguebearers! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plaguebearers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plaguebearers!

Despite the pleas of my fellow gamers, I'm planning on starting up a Daemons of Chaos army and I have a future army list settled, easy peasy.

However, I would like it to be as cheap as humanly possible, this being hard considering I will never survive if I have to spend at least £12 to get me some flippin' Plaguebearers. Does anybody have any ideal conversion ideas for these putrid footsoldiers or should I just give up on them?

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Sergeant Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

Unless you're really set on plaguebearers for some sort of aesthetic reason, give up on them. They're certainly the worst of the Daemon core choices. They're not worth putting a bunch of work into just for their gameplay value.

That said, I don't really know a good conversion for them, but there probably is one out there. Heresy miniatures makes a good set of plague-daemon models (though they're metal and probably more expensive. You can use plastic zombies to turn out a reasonable plague-bearer conversion--GW makes some, as do a handful of smaller manufacturers (which are likely to be cheaper).
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Plague bearers suck now, so save your money and get blood letters. They are better and cheaper money wise.

As for conversions, i used ghouls, but most people use zombies
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own a unit of Heresy Blights which do the job nicely. You could ask for specific heads for them (they have around 8 different choices) and cost about half that of GW. You get a discount when you order a lot om models in one go.

+ Reply to Thread