What's the best Lore of Magic (in eighth edition?) - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Lore do you play on your Heralds of Tzeentch with Master of Sorcery?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lore of Light

8 11.43%
  • Lore of Life

32 45.71%
  • Lore of Heavens

1 1.43%
  • Lore of Metal

4 5.71%
  • Lore of Beasts

3 4.29%
  • Lore of Shadow

17 24.29%
  • Lore of Fire

1 1.43%
  • Lore of Death

4 5.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question:
    When using glean magic to steal a life or death spell do you get the extra effects like adding wounds or getting dice back? Asking because I stole someones purple sun and then killed a unit but forgot to check for dice. Of course I think they forgot to get extra dice all game...

I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lore of life easily. Toughness 5 elves for the win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

depends on my army, if i have my 150 clanrats then lore of life is there to keep them going, however if its my ogres then lore of light, since hes loremaster i get to try and cast the nice spells that make ogres ws and initive 10 which is just scary, also in storm of magic games my hereld is on a fulcrum since the only other deamons i have are bloodletters.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    270 (x5)

Lore of Metal. Final Transumtation every unit in 12" takes a stupidity test! all those out of place units! then Death for Purple Sun with the large blast template! deadly combo HE can choose the lores before battle starts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life is the best its simple what lore makes you good against both combat armies and shooting armies? life simply because of the +2/4 toughness spell and if needed the regrowth. Shadow is devistating against one combat oponent but life basically effectively casts it on all your opponents.

40 bloodletter horde + lore of life - flesh to stone = unbeatable in combat give it a herald and you have a wrecking ball.

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by aounfather View Post
    Question:
    When using glean magic to steal a life or death spell do you get the extra effects like adding wounds or getting dice back? Asking because I stole someones purple sun and then killed a unit but forgot to check for dice. Of course I think they forgot to get extra dice all game...
    No, you don't. You only get the benefit if you actually know the lore.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Left of West View Post
    No, you don't. You only get the benefit if you actually know the lore.
    Yes you do glean magic does not replicate the spell you cast the spell at its minimum casting cost so you cast a lore of death spell that spell has the lore atribute on it. It s the same if you cast the lore of fire ruby ring you get the lore attribute from that

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

with my daemons, lore of light. I10 ASF bloodletters with +1 attack FTW! Even getting I10 or ASF with +1 attack off makes them really mean. Increasing toughness or regenerating is nice, but you have to cast throne of vines first, and without it the lore is ok. I like to run lore of light supported by lore of shadow. Wait, T4, ok the withering, yes now it is T2, have fun. Lore of life gets a 3rd place because while i can bring models back, i find that the synergy of light and shadow work way better with daemons