Ok Daemons Fantasy, what do you have for me.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Ok Daemons Fantasy, what do you have for me....

Friends of mine want to get into Fantasy after years of 40k. I personally have played Chaos Daemons in 40k for about a year and a half now. So we have he rulebook, I have the fantasy codex and we are ready to play for the first time in a about a week or two. I have no clue about what is about to happen. As far as I know, we will be playing an every man for himself 3 man battle and I will be facing High Elves and Tomb Kings (as far as I know). Not a clue on how many points we will play either, but I expect 1500 or 2000 to start. I have the following models: 1- Bloodthrister, 1- GUO, 2- Daemon Princes, 2- Chariots of Tzeentch, Skulltaker, Masque, 5- Flamers, 5- Fiends, 2- Beasts of Nurgle, 17- Bloodletters, 10- Daemonettes, 10- Plaguebearers (including the command squad), 16- Pink Horrors and a Soul Grinder which isn't used in Fantasy. I even have a Fateweaver coming soon. I don't need to know a list idea, just which units are stud and duds, plus any tips you can give me.

2. Remove Advertisements

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

I would suggest 2 way battles until you get the rules down. Ive played about 8 games thus far with fantasy and heres what I've learned. Bloodthirster owns any other non character models, but you cant play him until higher level points. Daemon princes are generaly overpriced. Your 5 flamers will rock. Fiends rock, and even Flesh hounds rock. The core choices are generaly solid. Others have bashed the plague bearers, but ive found them at least viable. Bloodletters are better.

Masque is too fragile, as she can be shot at on her own.

Large blocks are the key ive found, with a herald to enhance everyones abilities.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

most pink/blue and red stuff rocks, except the big bird. Go with KoS or Bloodthirster.

+ Reply to Thread