Woodelf Player - I SUMMON YOU! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woodelf Player - I SUMMON YOU!

Hey there, I am a Woodelf player and often keep to the WE forums, however... with this new SoM rule sets I can now make a Pact with Daemons. So that is hat I intend to do

I want to take a Bloodthirster with Obsidian Armour, Hatred and Flaming sword for the +1Str and a token 10 Bloodletters. I recently bought a Daemon Prince to convert into a Bloodthirster.

Since you guys are probably the experts on Daemon stuff, could you please let me know if this conversion is ok, and if it would pass the test to be allowed into a game 'as a bloodthirster'.

- AJ -

What do you guys think?

Last edited by AJ200; August 22nd, 2011 at 18:20.
    - Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Looks like a Bloodthirster to me. Looks good, too =D

You're also going to want more than 10 Letters if you can because while 10 is deadly, you're not going to be able to beat back a proper melee unit. I try to go with at least 6x3, though you can never go wrong with 40, but that's pricey. I do also question the BT. Not because it isn't killy, but because daemons offer more of what WE need that isn't a giant monster. Treemen are fantastic monsters that serve the same purpose and are cheaper than a BT. Larger units of Letters/Daemonettes offer the melee standing power and punch that WE need.

In favor of staying on topic, I see no reason that won't pass as a bloodthirster, and personally, I think it looks better than the current bloodthirster model. Well done =D
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ikbuh!

I guess the reason i need a bloodthirster is down to the fact that I know my two opponents, they take Every flaming option they can to nullify my treemen.

We always play my 4000 vs them 2 with 2000 each +15% SoM. Each of them takes a flamming banner on an uber unit. And they take lore of fire amd tzeentch, and a bloodthirster with flaming sword. They know what they are doing and my treemen and treekin go down like a sack of sh-i-t. My dragon lord can't really reliably deal with a BT, so I'm going to take my own.

One thing I worked out last night though was a Bloodthirster slaying Alter...

Alter Highborn, Great weapon, heavyarmour with 5+ ward, Annoyance of Netlings and Dragonbane Gem, and the enchanted item that makes flying units reroll all hits.
    This means a BT with the flame sword needs 6's to hit... Reroll any 6's needing 6's again.. then at the end a 2+ ward. Movement 18, and 5 str 6 attacks.

I've tested it and the 245pt alter beats a 550BT every time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pimped out bloodthirster, 16 bloodletters and a herald of tzeentch with loremaster and spellbreak will he my 1000 points of SoM I think..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ200 View Post
    What do you guys think?
    If that's a Bloodthirster then this is Godzilla.....

aspineom.jpg

Need to go bigger, the Daemon Prince is dwarfed by the GW Bloodthirster, and even more so by the Forgeworld version. Your model most certainly looks great, but it looks like what it is, a Daemon Prince.

Some models / bits I'd recommend looking into if you're bent on not using an actual Bloodthirster, are as follows:

GWs LoTR Balrog, Trolls, Dragon
    GWs WH Dragons and Monsters (Winged Nightmare, Chaos Dragon, Black Dragon, Zombie Dragon, etc.)
    Fantasy Action Figures
    Really, from there, I'd just hit a toy store, I've had great success chopping up plastic toys and combining them with GW models to create some pretty neat conversions.

All in all, aside from the dissapointment in his size, in all honesty, your model will work just fine. Anyone that wouldn't allow that as a BT proxy needs to loosen their britches! Nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha thanks Jbone. I guess its not the size, but what you do with it that counts

I just hate the £36 finecast BT model, when this one cost me just £20..

+ Reply to Thread