New Deamon army and player need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Deamon army and player need advice

Greetings it was many years ago i last played warhammer (winds of change were the magic phase) and recently i was given a christmas gift of battle set chaos deamons so i went to local store bought book more models and devised a army list.

what im looking for is advice on how to improve the army to work better and try find any obvious holes to try and plug up alongside some tips vs armies that i could struggle with.

so far im looking at 2000pts army with the following

Herald of Khorne on jugganaught fo khorne armor khorne and the weapon for +1 str and flame attack

Herald of Slaanesh BSB siren song banner (in unit of deamonettes) allure of slaanesh (ldr test to attack i think its called) and the blade that if i damage you cannot attack me

Masque of Slaanesh

19 deamonettes std, chmp, musician

20 bloodletters std champ

20 bloodletters std chmp

2x 10 horrors (maybe use as 1 unit of 20 for lvl 2 wizard)

2x 5 seekers of slaanesh cmp stnd in each

2 feinds of slaanesh

the idea i had was that bloodletters hit the big main units of enemy the deamonettes aim for special targets along with fiend and masque (thinking break a unit in combat run it over to make the fights shorter) seekers and possibly other fiend to take out ranged units and cannons ect horrors to dispel and flank if needed with the khorne herald hunting monsters and other high survival targets.

crtique please and muchly appreciated

i heard deamon princes can be deadly but i thought the idea of always strike first and hatred on my core units would turn the tides more in my favour

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, sorry about the late reply, but I normally don't visit this site for demons, its not very active as far as demons are concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Xcercs View Post
    Herald of Khorne on jugganaught fo khorne armor khorne and the weapon for +1 str and flame attack
    Good Solid hero, the only thing that might be troublesome is if you put it in a unit of letters you cant get the look out sir! save because hes on his jugger

Herald of Slaanesh BSB siren song banner (in unit of deamonettes) allure of slaanesh (ldr test to attack i think its called) and the blade that if i damage you cannot attack me
    I use bloodletters normally, as mathematically they are our best core troop, hell they are better than most special and some rare points for points, however saying that, using nettes can offer a strategic advantage, most notably the siren song ability, most of the other tool are pretty useless, save perhaps the stuborn banner. also, they are alot more fragile than bloodletters, and the corresponding herald, I would perhaps put the bsb on a HoK.

Masque of Slaanesh
    Overrated, to put it simply, the only named hero thats any good is epidermus, and thats only the case if you run a heavy nurgle army, the problem is that her dances are too short range, so you have to get right in the enemys face and then will get charged... i love the model, and i love the idea, but in practice she always seems to under perform. (she makes a nice looking herald though)

19 deamonettes std, chmp, musician
    Covered in Herald of Slaanesh

20 bloodletters std champ
    20 bloodletters std chmp
    Combine these, horde units is the meta game, especially when it comes to daemons, simply because of instability, it kills us in small units.

2x 10 horrors (maybe use as 1 unit of 20 for lvl 2 wizard)
    Dump this unit/s the way magic changed in 8'th, they simply aren't that useful, I would say get more Daemonettes, as I said before, horde is the new meta game

2x 5 seekers of slaanesh cmp stnd in each
    Atrocious... they just suck, they are designed to be our fast cavalry, anything they go against its like they are hitting a brick wall, saying that, they aren't our worst special unit, that title goes to screamers, but yeah, taking these your throwing points away

2 feinds of slaanesh
    Awesome units, but, its not a heavy hitter, unless you take like 6 of them, but anyway, best thing you can do with this, is have 2 single fiends, for warmachine hunting, character assassination or redirecting, think of them as cheap throw away unit, that will take a charge of a big unit, so you can flank charge it with your letters ideally.

units that I think your missing; HoTz (MoS and Wings) with wings it makes it very very mobile so its hard to catch, just be careful when tackling a shooty army, the other unit I would recommend is Flamers of Tzeentch, 6D6 shots is nothing to be sniffed at, and they aren't quite pushovers in close combat either.

I heard deamon princes can be deadly but I thought the idea of always strike first and hatred on my core units would turn the tides more in my favour
    Whoever told you that is a dirty dirty liar, they are far to expensive and can be glass cannons, once they get into combat, they can be ok, if they get to strike first, but, in my experience they die on the first or second round of combat. its far better to go with a greater demon, they last longer/put out more punch than a demon prince

also there is a sub-topic for army lists fyi

hope this helps
    finding some space for naked Rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice sad to see that slaanesh brings such a low amount of goodness to the table i had hoped to one day make a slaanesh heavy if not pure army but looking at the matsh for them i can justify it other than cosmetic.

Are the seekers really that bad ? i though having them to gain flanking would make them very strong but since i have yet to see how the horde style playing fully works i assume numbers are numbers and instability is our bane and strength if done right.

i shall make some ammendments to the list and give it trial see how it works thanks again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, for the most part our most beautiful looking models arent worth it, shame really, because the seekers and screamers are the best looking units in our army in my opinion

And yeah, seekers are that bad, they just dont earn their points back, we have other fast units that just stick around a whole lot longer, and are often cheaper

Anytime
    finding some space for naked Rhinos

+ Reply to Thread