1000 point daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

1000 point daemons

I usually play daemons as a fun army, running them into combat and hoping for the best and as i lost release purple sun and laugh as i kill both my army and my opponents, but our store is going to have a tournament soon and i was wondering, what makes a good competetive list? The tournament is going to be either 1000 or 1500 points and i was thinking of using something along the lines of:
    herald of tzeentch, lore master-gives some flexability in magic depending on what army i face
    herald of khorne-bloodletters with hatered i think are nasty
    herald of slanesh-if i have the points first strike might be nice

30 bloodletters-i like them and i use them alot
    20 daemonettes-fast and multiple attacks
    10 pink horrors-a backup wizard incase my herald dies, an extra spell/channel and a place for my herald to go

bloodcrusher-wizard killer or maybe a hero killer if their hero is out in the open

How good is nurgle? I am thinking of dropping the slannesh for a squad of nurgle with nurgle troops. Depending on how good nurgle is i am thinking of making a nurgle list with a herald of tzeentch for magic. Also, are bloodcrushers worth the points in this small of a list? I love them in larger lists but haven't used them in a game this small before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I know this is a bit old but how is your selection holding up? Your recent tactica post was quite good and shows that you clearly have a grip on your army as per your choices above. I haven't had much of a trial with my lot yet (lots of Bloodletters and skirmishers) as other players tend to find something else to do when Daemons appear. I would like to read in particular how you are getting on with Daemonettes as everyone seems to rate them, but nobody has posted any sort of concrete report of their efforts.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by adamwelton View Post
    other players tend to find something else to do when Daemons appear.
    Happens to me. Also, they want me to start tomb kings.

This list did decent, and made a good friendly game where i wasn't total domination. The single bloodcrusher is a no for me now. Died first turn, zap. Second game same thing. I swapped the daemonettes for plaugebearers. Daemonettes worked well against skeletons and zombies, but when T4 shows up, they drop. A good friendly unit, but not for competative. I find plaugebearers a much better choice. S/T4 makes for a more well-rounded unit, less killed. Bloodletters are still a must. The horrors were fine, but the points spent on them were lost as soon as they got into combat. I swapped them and the bloodcrusher out for a unit of flamers. Shooting is nice, and decent in combat. They can bog down a unit for a turn or two, allowing the wizard to get a few more spells off. Also, i tried to miscast with him to blow everyone up, didn't work sadly. I also find that skulltaker works better than a herald in low points because i just give the letters ASF from lore o light.

What does it say about me that i respond to this the same day? Is it sad?