Voidraven Bomber - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voidraven Bomber

What do you guys think about the rumor of flyers to be released next month not including the Voidraven?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I haven't actually heard anything, care to summarize?
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the link to the rumors I saw: Faeit 212: Warhammer 40k News and Rumors: Flyer Sketches and Rules: Stormtalon Gunship and 3 Ork Flyers
    Space Marine, Necron, and Ork flyers rumored for June. Others, at some later point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm not really for the new Flyers they want to introduce, apart from the Necron. I'm expecting them all to be Forgeworld models or are there maybe new Ork and Space Marine codex will come with 6th edition...

Too bad there won't be a Voidraven, I'm wanting to test this baby from day one. A flyer, I mean: a Dark Eldar Vehicle, which is almost durable: AV11 and no open-topped !

6. Like paulofrosty liked this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    187 (x4)

I've seen a bunch of pretty cool Voidraven conversions out there (online and in person). Mine was originally intended to be a razorwing but the model came out before I could finish it. It's made from a Raider, Fireprism Turret, plasitcard, and various bits. One of the easier to do ones I've seen was a razorwing with a venom cut down and stuck to either the front, or flipped upsidedown and stuck underneath. Then replace the DLs with either Bright Lances (your eldar friends should have lots of these lying around) or if you want to go crazy order 2 of the new fireprism bits (without the crystal they look almost exactly like oversized DLs).
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I got tired of waiting especially since last summer was supposed to be Blood Torn Skies but never happened. I decided to make my own Voidraven and here is what mine turned out like. I used 2 razorwings.
    vd top.jpgvdb1.jpgvdrw.jpg
    Attached Images
    We are here to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And we are fresh out of bubble gum!

9. Like paulofrosty liked this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

187 (x4)

Not based so you get a "ZERO" painting score!!!

Kidding obviously. Those look awesome. The Bomber especially came out really well, the quad engines look pretty badass. Did you do anything special for the void mine and/or bomber compartment?
    Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; May 11th, 2012 at 20:22. Reason: I can't speak english
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x1)

vm.jpgvdu.jpg

Here is what I did for the mine. As for the front compartment, I used some extra jetbike cowls on top and bottom. I really wish I had used the fire prism glass for a better effect but not gonna purchase a model just for that. As for the bases, lol, you are so right. Need to quit hopping around all my different armies and stick with just one.

This pic shows the forward cockpit while work was beening done.
    vr1.jpgvr5.jpg
    Last edited by AzureDeath; May 13th, 2012 at 07:31.
    We are here to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And we are fresh out of bubble gum!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x1)

Hey bugs thanks for the push, base is done.
    vrback.jpgvrleft.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

187 (x4)

Haha, no problem dude, it came out great and adds a level of completeness to the model. I know what you mean about needing a push sometimes. Probably like 3/4 of my army wasn't based until I decided to make the trip for NOVA last year.