2150 RTT Semi-Beast Theme Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2150 RTT Semi-Beast Theme Army

Before you read my list, keep in my find im not attempting to be good in all phase of the game. I feel like Dark Elfs can excel much easier in shooting than in magic (and at a cheaper cost too) so the 3 phases i wantedto excel at were Movement, Shooting, and hand to hand.

Lord
    Highborn
    Crown of Black Iron; Gauntlet of Power; Cold One; Heavy Armourl; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield

Heroes
    Beastmaster
    Seal of Ghrond; Manticore; Lane; Light Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress
    Dispell Scroll; Dispell Scroll

Core Units
    5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

30 Warriors
    Full command; Shield

Special Units
    5 Cold One Knights
    Full command; Warbanner

Cold One Chariot
    Spears

6 Shades

Rare Units
    1 War Hydra

2x Repeater Bolt Throwers

List Summary
    3 Casting Dice
    4 Dispell Dice
    70 Models in Army
    Hero = 31%
    Core =30%
    Special = 18%
    Rare = 19%
    Magic Items = 9%

Tactics
    I will use the big unit of spearmen (with my highborn in it) to cause a big anchoring unit so that Dark Riders/CoK/War Hydra/CoC/Manticore will be able to get rear and flank charges. My Beastmaster will fly behind enemy line to take out warmachines and get rear charges into specaliazed units. My dark riders are there to march block/shoot vital enemy units/and support C.C. My cold ones are there to support C.C. with flank charges and what not. War Hydra is there to soak up shots from the enemy, and to cause terror on his units. CoC is there for supporting C.C. Shades are there to march block his units, and to give me 12 extra shots. Repeater Bolt Throwers are there because i have the models for them, and they will help thin his lines for my units to excel in HtH.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Lord
    Highborn
    Crown of Black Iron; Gauntlet of Power; Cold One; Heavy Armourl; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
    I think when our characters are on a Cold one, you can get away with giving them a 2 handed weapon. They have a decent enough save without a shield, especially if they have a ward too.
    So, I suggest dropping the Shield & Gauntlet of power for the cheaper Crimson death. Then you could fit the Seal of Ghrond on him, and give something better to the Beastmaster, such as Blood armour.

Heroes
    Beastmaster
    Seal of Ghrond; Manticore; Lance; Light Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak
    Ok.

Sorceress
    Dispell Scroll; Dispell Scroll
    Good (assuming its level 1)

Core Units
    5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

5 Dark Riders
    RxB; Muscian

30 Warriors
    Full command; Shield
    I think 1 'anchor' unit isnt enough for 2000+ battles. You should drop that one down to 25, then drop 1 unit of Dark riders to take a second block of troops. Could probably drop the Shades too if you still dont have enough points for that

Special Units
    5 Cold One Knights
    Full command; Warbanner
    Can probably drop some command if you need extra points, theyre mostly only a flanking unit.

Cold One Chariot
    Spears
    Good

6 Shades
    As above, I'd give priority to taking a second block of troops. Only keep these if you dont need the points. You have some Dark Riders for march blocking, & S3 crossbows arent particularly lethal, so you'll be fine without these.

Rare Units
    1 War Hydra

2x Repeater Bolt Throwers
    Good

Tactics
    I will use the big unit of spearmen (with my highborn in it) to cause a big anchoring unit so that Dark Riders/CoK/War Hydra/CoC/Manticore will be able to get rear and flank charges. My Beastmaster will fly behind enemy line to take out warmachines and get rear charges into specaliazed units. My dark riders are there to march block/shoot vital enemy units/and support C.C. My cold ones are there to support C.C. with flank charges and what not. War Hydra is there to soak up shots from the enemy, and to cause terror on his units. CoC is there for supporting C.C. Shades are there to march block his units, and to give me 12 extra shots. Repeater Bolt Throwers are there because i have the models for them, and they will help thin his lines for my units to excel in HtH.
    Sounds about right. But like I said, you'll need more than 1 block of troops. Against a magic heavy army, you'll probably use both of your scrolls early on, leaving you vulnerable. I suggest throwing the Manticore at his key casters, it should be able to kill them. It'll probably lose the fight overall to static combat res, but with 3D6" flee it should get away

Aside from that, its fairly good.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You seem to think that the enemy is going to run headlong into your anchor unit. I have a couple of concerns

1) You only have one anchor unit, is this supposed to anchor the enemies entire army?

2) Using an anchor tactic without a BSB is foolhardy. Esp with an elven unit who aren't the greatest of CC fighters.

Having said that though the rest of the army is quite hard hitting and lots of DR will allow for some good bait and flee/redirection tactics. Let us know how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    You seem to think that the enemy is going to run headlong into your anchor unit. I have a couple of concerns

1) You only have one anchor unit, is this supposed to anchor the enemies entire army?

2) Using an anchor tactic without a BSB is foolhardy. Esp with an elven unit who aren't the greatest of CC fighters.

Having said that though the rest of the army is quite hard hitting and lots of DR will allow for some good bait and flee/redirection tactics. Let us know how it goes

My unit of 30 spearmen hve my general in it. I marched them into 4 units of Empire (great weapons, knights, swordsmen, and spearmen). they held for 4 turns, i killed is BSB and General,and i lasted long enough to get Dark riders, Manticore, and war hydra into his flanks. I eventually killed all of his units also. so i like having 30 spearmen, gave me enougn models to keep ranks.

+ Reply to Thread