2000pt new to dark elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

2000pt new to dark elves

Lords
    Highborn- General, hand weapon, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, sheild, Draich of dark power, Crown of black Iron, in a Chariot

Hero's
    Beastmaster-Lance, light armor, sea dragon cloak, Manticore, Crystal of midnight

Sorceress- lvl 2 upgrade, Cold one, Dispel scroll, Seal of ghrond, doombolt, word of pain

Core-

15 Warriors- spears, sheilds, full command

15 warriors- Full command, reaper crossbows

Special-

6 Cold one knights- Full command, Banner of murder

2 Chariots- spears, reaper crossbows

7 Shades- light armor, bloodshade

Rare-
    War hydra- 2 apprentices

Im New to the game I need help with victory for the dark elves. This is pretty much the models I have but please give me some tips on ajustments that need to be made because I can get whatever i need.

2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I worry about your general in the chariot, He'll get targetted early and often by everything because he's worth so many points. I' think he'd be better off on a coldone either in with some spears or with the other cold one knights (not that they need any more help)
    I would also drop the sorceress down to level 1 with 2 scrolls. Even at 2000, you can get hit hard with magic and at least with a scroll caddy, you can make it through turn 2 and maybe get into combat without losing too many guys. That would leave you with some extra points. I would get something to hunt warmachines if you can squeeze it in. You also have very little shooting, so you'll need to rush fast for combat or you'll get shot to pieces by enemy warmachines and shooters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I was going to use the beastmaster and shades to deal with enemies crap in the backfield.

Wizards, warmachines, ect.
    3000pts Tyranids

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing God View Post
    Lords
    Highborn- General, hand weapon, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, sheild, Draich of dark power, Crown of black Iron, in a Chariot

Cannon anyone? I'm not a fan of chariots at all. A general on a cold one would certainly perform better in my opinion. A chariot is very hit and miss and while you can afford it to go wrong with a normal chariot, it just can't happen with your general. I see a lot of VPs being lost.

Hero's
    Beastmaster-Lance, light armor, sea dragon cloak, Manticore, Crystal of midnight

Perhaps you should consider taking the points from this guy and using them to buy a dragon for the highborn. With an armour save and T6, it's significantly better than a manticore.

Sorceress- lvl 2 upgrade, Cold one, Dispel scroll, Seal of ghrond, doombolt, word of pain

You can't choose spells XD. Nice setup though.

Core-

Too small. You need to make them 20 or larger. They simply don't have the killy abilities of HE spearmen so need more static combat res.

15 warriors- Full command, reaper crossbows

Why full command? Think about it. T3 and light armour means that you're going to get minced in any combat. 15 is a ridiculously long line. I suggest bumping them down to 10 and getting rid of the command.

Special-

6 Cold one knights- Full command, Banner of murder

Very nice. A bsb with hydra banner is particularly potent with this unit but very expensive.

2 Chariots- spears, reaper crossbows

I like this setup too but watch out for cannons. Get rid of the crossbows since they're not really going to do much at all.

7 Shades- light armor, bloodshade

A good unit but do you really need that champion?

Rare-
    War hydra- 2 apprentices

I've never used one so I can't really comment. Let us know how it does!
    The above suggestions make the list a bit more competitive. Remember that as a rule you should never waste points. Ask yourself what a unit can do for you. If it's unnecessary, get rid of it.

Good luck!
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

List revision

Ya big change but do you guys think its any better? I chose to drop chariots all together as i didnt hear much good about them.

My usual oppenents are lizardmen, empire, beastmen, but on occasion ill play against dwarfs, brenn, and orcs/goblins, that dude has ALOT of goblins...

but ya any help and tips would be great!

Lord

Highborn- Black Dragon (modified malkith model!), driach of dark power, black amulet

Heros

Sorceress- Cold one, dispel scroll, seal of ghrond

Core

20 Warriors- spears, shields, full command

10 warriors- crossbows

Special

6 Cold One Knights- Full command, banner of murder

7 Shades- light armor, blood shade (for the extra BS)

10 Executioners- Full command

Rare

War Hydra- 2 apprentices

As you can see I took most of your advice and mixed in some of my own stuff. I have the executioner models figure i might as well use them. Also I thought the sorceress setup was too good to get rid of. Filled out the warriors and made the crossbowers nice and cheap to be used as bait. kept the bloodshade for his extra for his exta BS so that i might be able to drop just one more guy in the shooting phase (srry 40k play).

But yeah any advise?
    3000pts Tyranids

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Ya big change but do you guys think its any better? I chose to drop chariots all together as i didnt hear much good about them.

My usual oppenents are lizardmen, empire, beastmen, but on occasion ill play against dwarfs, brenn, and orcs/goblins, that dude has ALOT of goblins...

but ya any help and tips would be great!

Lord

Highborn- Black Dragon (modified malkith model!), driach of dark power, black amulet

Personally I don't see the point of the black amulet when you can take the heartstone of darkness which gives a better ward save and costs less points. I assume that he has all the usual armour and gubbins? If so then I quite like this lord (apart from the black amulet).

Heros

I'd stick her on foot but if you don't have the model for it then fair enough. You could save points here.

Core

10 warriors- crossbows

All good but I like corsairs better.

Special

Good but where is the character to lead them? The pack enough punch to go without one though.

7 Shades- light armor, blood shade (for the extra BS)

The extra BS will not help enough to justify the cost. The upgrade costs marginally less than another shade!

10 Executioners- Full command

It's probably better to drop the full command and save the points for something else. You can tell your opponent before the battle that the command models don't mean anything.

Rare

War Hydra- 2 apprentices
    I've done my usual rundown. Are you sure this comes up to 2k points? There doesn't seem to be much in there.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Lord

Highborn- Black Dragon (modified malkith model!), driach of dark power, heart stone of darkness

Heros

Core

10 warriors- crossbows

Special

7 Shades- light armor, blood shade

10 Executioners

Rare

War Hydra- 2 apprentices

OK so now The total comes to 1943pts. What should I spend the last 57 pts on?
    3000pts Tyranids

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord

Highborn- Black Dragon (modified malkith model!), driach of dark power, heart stone of darkness
    looks good althogh you may want to take the DoDP off of him and and a lance and a sheild. Sounds lame i know im into the shiny magic item thing but i find that the lance and sheild is simply the best. Also id put the seal of ghrond on this guy and grab another scroll for the sorc

Heros

i would take her off the cold one and leave her on foot and hide her in a wood at the begining of the game or you could put her with the xbows
    Core

would like to have you remove the champ on these guy and put the saved points towards a champ for the execs

10 warriors- crossbows

Special

7 Shades- light armor, blood shade
    light armor and the blood shade are not necessary IMO as they are fairly expensive and don't add much to the survivability of the unit.

10 Executioners
    these guys are the odd man out so to say, they are just there and dont have much of a purpose i would either bulk them up using the saved points from my advice on a champ and mabey another model or two.

Rare

War Hydra- 2 apprentices
    sounds cool but is expensive and a fire magnet, i would try swaping it for a pair of RBT but on the other hand i would give it a go and tell us how it works for you.
    OK so now The total comes to 1943pts. What should I spend the last 57 pts on?
    id say it is a good list but i would personally drop the execs for some dark riders as you already have plenty of high S goodness but not much in the way of harassment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Lord

Heros

Core

10 warriors- crossbows

Special

7 Shades- light armor

14 Executioners- Druchii master

Rare

War Hydra- 2 apprentices

OK so this is my final product. it comes out to 1999pts and has alot of CC punch. I liked the way my lord was set up so I left him as is.

Any final tips or hints on how to play the list? or if there is any more tweaks that need to be made, or ist it at least a desent list?

Thanks alot everyone u've been a great help and ill be handing out rep once the list is tp my liking.
    3000pts Tyranids

+ Reply to Thread