2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list

Sorceress
    Level 2
    Dispel Scroll
    Seal of Ghrond

Sorceress
    Level 2
    Seal Of Ghrond
    DispelScroll

Dark Elf Noble
    Lance
    Heavy Armour
    Sea Dragon Cloak
    Shield
    Cold One
    Black Amulet

13 Dark Elf Warriors
    Shields
    Crossbows
    (placement of one sorceress)

13 Dark Elf Warriors
    Shields
    Crossbows

18 Corsairs
    Reaver and Standard

Cold one Chariot

Cold One Chariot

7 Cold One Knights
    Dread knight and standard
    Banner of murder
    (placement of Noble)

7 Cold One knights
    Dread Knight and Standard

2 reaper bolt throwers.

I have written this list up after looking at a few of the list on this site. I am originally and still am a dwarf player, but I was looking for a change and the dark Elves caught my eye as no one at my local games workshop gaming club plays with them.

let me know what you think of the list and anything thatneeds changing in yor opinion let me know. ;Y

Took part in Warhammer Gt heat 3, the weekend 17th and
    18th Nov, Day one went bad, Day two went great, my fixtures are as follows:

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6
    W/L/D L L L W W W
    Points 1 1 1 30 30 30
    Overall points 93
    placement 63/140

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    Sorceress
    Level 2
    Dispel Scroll
    Seal of Ghrond

Sorceress
    Level 2
    Seal Of Ghrond
    DispelScroll

Come on, you know that you can never duplicate magic items. If you are going magic heavy then I would recommend a High Sorceress. Dark Magic can be very difficult to deal with especially with that +1 to cast.

Dark Elf Noble
    Lance
    Heavy Armour
    Sea Dragon Cloak
    Shield
    Cold One
    Black Amulet

Is he going to be challenging? If so then he should have a suitable weapon.

13 Dark Elf Warriors
    Shields
    Crossbows

13 Dark Elf Warriors
    Shields
    Crossbows

13 wide is ridiculous. Shields may have a use against S3 shooting but if you're thinking of shoving them into combat, they're just going to die in large numbers.

18 Corsairs
    Reaver and Standard

Make them 25 strong and use them to anchor your battleline. Where are the other infantry units? I see the Corsairs being left behind and being picked off.

Cold one Chariot

Cold One Chariot

I like chariots but watch out for cannons. Only charge if you know that you can break the enemy in one turn.

7 Cold One Knights
    Dread knight and standard
    Banner of murder
    (placement of Noble)

7 Cold One knights
    Dread Knight and Standard

7 and 8 wide? I don't see you getting all those knights into btb. Drop them down to 6 wide.

2 reaper bolt throwers.

OH YEAH !!!
    All my thoughts are as above.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the idea of the 13 arriors is to have two ranks of 7 with the sorceress being an additional 14th model, the seal of ghrond I will replace with dark star cloak, just noticed what I did.

The corsairs I had just to give me another core unit, I wanted a variant from warriors you see. the cold one knights i will think over, but the only reason I have them that wide is because of the ease of getting them tomatch up against chaos and skirmish models.

The noble isn't going to be challenging but either way if he does, have a 60 40 chance of giving my oponent a wound back form the amulet.

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6
    W/L/D L L L W W W
    Points 1 1 1 30 30 30
    Overall points 93
    placement 63/140

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I think what swntzu is trying to say, in his own mad cap manner, is that this list needs some modification to be competative. I would suggest the following:

1) He is correct. Magical items cannot be duplicted in the same army, bar powerstones and dispel scrolls, so a retooling of the sorceress would be a good idea

2) 13 is a bit large for crossbowmen. Personally, I would drop the shields and make the 10 strong.

3) Since the modification to the rules in the 7th edition, you now need 5 wide for a rank, so units of 6 for heavy cav normally do better. I would suggest dropping one of your cold one knights down to 5 strong, (6 with the noble in), and the other down to 6.

With the spare points, I would consider another unit of corsairs, about the same size as the current unit, to give you a solid centre.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like what Ginger said, i think you should make the crossbowmen 10 each without shields, so if your charged you will get at least 1 combat resolution which could make the difference.

Add in a powerstone to a Sorceress and a DarkStar Cloak to the other. Depending on what your going for, get a Highborn on a Dragon or Manticore for good offence, or High Sorceress for heavy magic, then give her a powerstone, soulstone and tome of furion for extra magic, possibly Crown of Black Iron.

Make the Corsair unit 20 strong, and have a 14 unit of Knights, with Banner of Murder and Noble etc.

Ok all that adds up to 1857 points, with what you have and the advice mixed, so add something else, maybe some executiones or black guard. Thats my two cents, hope that helped.
    "Lightning shall sunder the skies, the rivers will flow with blood and war will come to the land. The legions of the long-dead kings shall once more rise eternal in conquest, and death shall ride beside them."

- Settra, The Eternal King of Nehekhara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    the idea of the 13 arriors is to have two ranks of 7 with the sorceress being an additional 14th model, the seal of ghrond I will replace with dark star cloak, just noticed what I did.

The corsairs I had just to give me another core unit, I wanted a variant from warriors you see. the cold one knights i will think over, but the only reason I have them that wide is because of the ease of getting them tomatch up against chaos and skirmish models.

The noble isn't going to be challenging but either way if he does, have a 60 40 chance of giving my oponent a wound back form the amulet.
    In order of your statements:

2 ranks of 7? Any reason for this? Unless you fix the terrain so that you have two hills in your DZ then it's really not such a good idea. As ging says, drop them down to 10 and lose the shields.

I agree with you that corsairs are a fantastic unit but you really can't run them on their own at 2k. Find the points somewhere in the list to get another unit. Also consider some Dark Riders as they are among the best fast cav in the game.

60/40 chance? A 5+ ward save has a 1/3 chance of rebounding the wound. This isn't exactly reliable. Drop this item and go with the Heartstone of Darkness. You get 4+ ward and gain 5pts this way.
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok then.

If I add in a high born on dragon, and give the two sorceress' one with power stone and one with darkstar cloak.

drop the size of the warriors down to 10 with no shields and the knights to a 5 and 6. and with those points find items for the highborn and another duplicate unit of the corsairs.

Sounds good, but which items do I putonthe highborn, becausemost of the DE items aren't that good, but i doloke theBlakAmulet, and I am well known at my gaming room for making an obscene mount of succesful ward saves. :rofl

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6
    W/L/D L L L W W W
    Points 1 1 1 30 30 30
    Overall points 93
    placement 63/140

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you could go with the build of Crimson Death, Black Amulet, Enchanted Shield, with heavy armour and SDC. str 6, ward save, and 1+ ASv. And swntzu, what are you talking about with the Heartstone of Darkness, i see nothing of that name in the army book.
    Last edited by RidleyMaster666; January 18th, 2008 at 19:43.
    "Lightning shall sunder the skies, the rivers will flow with blood and war will come to the land. The legions of the long-dead kings shall once more rise eternal in conquest, and death shall ride beside them."

- Settra, The Eternal King of Nehekhara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will see whatI can play about with and update the list soon

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6
    W/L/D L L L W W W
    Points 1 1 1 30 30 30
    Overall points 93
    placement 63/140

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by RidleyMaster666 View Post
    Well, you could go with the build of Crimson Death, Black Amulet, Enchanted Shield, with heavy armour and SDC. str 6, ward save, and 1+ ASv. And swntzu, what are you talking about with the Heartstone of Darkness, i see nothing of that name in the army book.
    The Cult of Slaanesh list is your friend (give it a quick run through google). You can take the magic items from that list in a normal DE amy. It's GT legal in the US and provides a better ward save than the Black Amulet for less. The Draich of Dark Power provides S6 with KB too. Otherwise go with the Crown of Black Iron since it is the most cost effective ward save.

Quote Originally Posted by RidleyMaster666
    ...and have a 14 unit of Knights, with Banner of Murder and Noble etc.
    No. You will either have 1 rank of 7 or 2 ranks of 5 knights doing absolutely nothing. There are better ways of getting that +2 combat res. For instance you could use my method of using a bsb with the hydra banner in that for the same if not lower cost.

Ranking cavalry is expensive and in an army like DE where you need to optimise, a very bad idea.
    Posting and You

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast