Mfirst 2500p, battalion based - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Mfirst 2500p, battalion based

Hello, I'm very new to Warhammer Fantasy, and want to start off with Dark Elves. But before I go off buying things I make a theoretic list and hear what you say. Advice and pointers desperately needed.

This is my first thoughts on an army based on 2 Dark Elf Battalions, 1 extra box of CoKs, 2 sorceresses and some shades. I already got 4 Reaper bolt throwers (don't ask me why) and want to use them. From the battalion boxes I get a total of 24 warriors, 32 crossbowmen, 40 Corsairs and 10 Cold One knights. I need to figure out the best way to use them.
    The unit of 20 warriors is the sacrificial middle block, used to lure and soak up charges so that my hitters can flank.
    My sorceresses join the crossbowmen to get protection as well as some bodies for the dagger.
    The shades are marchbreakers and harries the flanks with their crossbows. When the need and opportunity arise to take care of enemy warmachines they are up to the task.
    The Reaper Bolt throwers deal with monsters and heavy cavalry, so that I don't need to sacrifice my expensive Knights for such gambles.

Here's the background for the army: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ds-infamy.html (Lords of Infamy)
    Heroes:
    Master, Shield, Heavy armour, Cold one, Death Piercer [144 pts] [General]
    Master, Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, Heavy armour, Cold one, Lance, Hydra Banner [210 pts]
    Sorceress, level 2, Sacrificial Dagger, [160 pts]
    Sorceress, level 2, Darkstar Cloak [160 pts]
    Assassin, additional hand weapon, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Black Lotus [171 pts]
    Core:
    20 x Dark Elf Warriors, Shields, full command [155 pts]
    10 x Dark Elf Crossbowmen [100 pts]
    10 x Dark Elf Crossbowmen [100 pts]
    18 x Black Ark Corsairs, full command, Sea Serpent Standard [250 pts]
    18 x Black Ark Corsairs, full command, Banner of Murder [250 pts]
    Special:
    5 x Cold One Knights, full command, [175 pts]
    5 x Cold One Knights, full command [175 pts]
    5 x Shades, additional hand weapon, [85 pts]
    Rare:
    2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower [200 pts]
    2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower [200 pts]
    Total:
    2495 pts.

2 Masters
    2 Sorceresses
    1 Assassin
    91 Common Soldiers (10 Cavalry, 5 Skirmishers)
    4 War Machines

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; August 17th, 2008 at 18:17.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    Lords:
    Dreadlord
    Shield, Heavy armour, Cold one, Death Piercer
    204 ptsI would get him some magic armor to help protect him, or the pendant of khalieth - still cheap, but harder to kill. Crimson Death is also a great magic weapon to use.

Heroes:
    Master
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Shield, Heavy armour, Cold one, Lance
    Hydra Banner
    210 pts

Cold One you may like the model, but it is slightly impractical to put your magic users on something with stupidity
    Sorceress
    level 2
    Sacrificial Dagger
    160 pts

Sorceress
    level 2 give these guys a full complement of accessories. Tome of furion is good, Null shards, power stones, extra dispel dice or scrolls, anything.
    135 pts

Core:
    Corsairs
    20 strong
    Full command

Corsairs
    20 strong
    Full command

Dark Elf Warriors
    20 strong
    Full command
    155 pts

Dark Elf Crossbowmen
    10 strong
    100 pts

Dark Elf Crossbowmen
    10 strong
    100 pts

Special:
    Cold One Knights
    5 strong
    Full command + Null talisman
    190 pts

Cold One Knights
    5 strong
    Full command + Null talisman
    190 pts

5 Shades
    Additional hand weapon
    Bloodshade
    103 pts

5 Shades
    Additional hand weapon
    Bloodshade
    103 pts

Rare:
    2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower
    200 pts

2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower
    200 pts I don't think you'll make very many friends using all 4 of these. Maybe drop 1 and get an assassin or something to protect your mages or add some kills in the core units.

Total:
    2500 pts
    Using the battalions is nice, but they don't always make the most effective army by themselves. Still, it's a good start and will let you figure out how and what you want to change in the future. Personally, if you can, I would see if you can play some smaller games or use a friend's army to play and make sure you like those units, etc. before putting a lot of time and effort into a 2500pt army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Cold One you may like the model, but it is slightly impractical to put your magic users on something with stupidity
    Sorceress
    level 2
    Sacrificial Dagger
    160 pts
    She's not on a Cold One. I must've mistyped. The Sorceresses go in the units of crossbowmen.

Sorceress
    level 2 give these guys a full complement of accessories. Tome of furion is good, Null shards, power stones, extra dispel dice or scrolls, anything.
    135 pts
    Loading these two Sorceresses out with accessories and stuff really doesnt suit the background of the list. Would they be worthless without gear? Same with the Dreadlord, he comes from a poor family and is on a quest to gain glory, infamy and riches offshore. He doesn't start off with a load of magic weapons - he's out to get them.

2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower
    200 pts I don't think you'll make very many friends using all 4 of these. Maybe drop 1 and get an assassin or something to protect your mages or add some kills in the core units.
    Would it be considered overly beardy to use all four of the Reapers? I think it's like some kind of compensation for my almost absolute lack of magic items.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; August 6th, 2008 at 22:55.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread