Dark Elf 2000 pt Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elf 2000 pt Army List

OK , this is my first army list ever posted on Librarium , so please dont blame me for breaking rules or doing something wrong.
    OK here we go

Lords:
    Dreadlord Hyklan the Knight 282 pt
    Wears armour of eternal servitude, pendant of khaeleth, 2 null talismans, a lance, sea dragon cloak.
    He rides a Cold One

Heroes:
    Master Crimson the Reaper 169 pt
    BsB , Banner of Naggarythe, Dark Pegasus, Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, Lance, Shield.

Sorceress Malikka the Black Mage 185 pt
    level 2, darkstar cloak , dispell scroll

core:
    20 Dark Elf Spearmen: w full command and shield 165 pt
    20 Black Ark Corsairs: w full command + Sea Serpent Standard 250 pt
    10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen 110 pt

special:
    20 Black Guard: w full command 295 pt
    9 Cold One Knights ( Dreadlords goes in here) 343 pt
    Full command + Pearl of Infinite Bleackness ( wich according to me removes the cold ones stupidity) + a magic banner called Standard of Hag Greaf.

rare:
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200 pt

Ok so, Im not very fond of magic, so plz dont suggest to pick more Sorceresses.
    On anything else I would like to have some judge on

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Etičnne View Post
    OK , this is my first army list ever posted on Librarium , so please dont blame me for breaking rules or doing something wrong.
    Then read the rules.

Seriously, it's that simple. Ignorance is not a defence.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for mentioning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what little expiriance I have, I'd say break up your Cold Ones into two units of five. The guys in the back really don't do much for you since you'll probably loose the rank bonus before you reach combat. If points are too tight to break up the unit into two capable units, you could instead drop two or three of the COs and boost some infantry units instead (I don't think you'll need more than a frontage of 7 COs).

Also, give the banner of Hag Greaf to an infantry unit. If used properly, COs should be on the charge and strike first anyway so no sense in planning for failure by giving them the ASF banner.

Additionally, I'd highly reccommend fitting in a Hydra (what with 2 rares at 2k) since they're pretty great for the points (you may have enough by trimming off from the Co unit).

Don't know what your plan for the master on pegasus is - flying is nice but my impression is he'd be better in a unit. Then again, a flying hero is always nice to have around and could totally beat the snot out of war machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thanks , well thats true about the cold ones , maybe i need to cut in them and give the magic banner to the Black Guard , ok ill try my best i come with a new army list next week after I played against Ogre , Tomb King and Brettonia , 3 different armies , the point of the pegasus is to fly around and get within 12" of the units in combat to make them unbreakable and give them more combat resolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Etičnne View Post
    OK here we go
    Welcome to LO. The rules don't take much time to read through and I'd definitely recommend it.

Dreadlord Hyklan the Knight 282 pt
    Wears armour of eternal servitude, pendant of khaeleth, 2 null talismans, a lance, sea dragon cloak.
    He rides a Cold One
    Looks like a good setup, very deadly and hard to kill. Though, if you're already paying for the Null Talismans I'd rather get the Ring of Hotek. Stopping spells is nice, making the impudent caster miscast and die is even more satisfying. Also, it's cheaper Or, pick up the seal of Ghrond for extra DD.

Heroes:
    Master Crimson the Reaper 169 pt
    BsB , Banner of Naggarythe, Dark Pegasus, Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, Lance, Shield.
    A flying bubble of stubborn and re-rolling break tests sounds nice. The fact that he is a beat stick in combat is even better. Beware of ranged weaponry, as you might find your Peggy shot out from under you.

Sorceress Malikka the Black Mage 185 pt
    level 2, darkstar cloak , dispell scroll
    Solid setup, though if you want more magic defense you can always go the traditional 2 dispel scrolls "caddy" set up. As it is, 3 DD and 1 Scroll is very light on the magic defense.

20 Dark Elf Spearmen: w full command and shield 165 pt
    Solid static CR, I like it.

20 Black Ark Corsairs: w full command + Sea Serpent Standard 250 pt
    You could get away with 18 and run them 6 wide. Otherwise very nasty.

10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen 110 pt
    A musician never hurts.

20 Black Guard: w full command 295 pt
    You can go down to 18 (6 wide again), add the Standard of Hag Graef and toss in the Soulrender. Very nasty unit.

9 Cold One Knights ( Dreadlords goes in here) 343 pt
    Full command + Pearl of Infinite Bleackness ( wich according to me removes the cold ones stupidity) + a magic banner called Standard of Hag Greaf.
    10 is a bit much, I'd take 5 or even 6. The Pearl does not negate stupidity, but with Ld10 it shouldn't be a problem. You can take the Ring of Hotek instead for protection. As for the flag, you'll be charging always so ASF isn't needed. I'd go for the Standard of Slaughter, so your COK can break even Dwarfs from the front!

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200 pt
    Nice.

Your biggest problems are a lack of magic defense and tons of points sunk into the BG and COK. Dropping a bit here and there can allow you to afford some Dark Riders and Harpies to pick off war machines, screen your troops, march block, and generally cause problems.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thank you for your comment , really this helps , I was already wondering if I hadnt a lagg on magic defense, thanks

+ Reply to Thread