Army of the Dark Lady - 2K Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army of the Dark Lady - 2K Friendly

Hello all,

Well my wife would like me to build her an army, and I thought a army based around Sorceresses and Witch Elves would be a nice theme for her. let me know what you think.

Supreme Sorceress - Lvl 3,Dark Pegasus, Black Staff, Pendant of Khaleth - 365

Sorceress - Lvl 2, Dispel and Darkstar Cloak - 185

Core

10 Crossbow w Shield and Music - 115
    18 Spears (FC) - 123 Sorceress here
    18 Spears Std and Music - 117
    5 Harpies
    5 Harpies

Special

6 Cold One Knights (FC) with Pearl of Infinite Bleakness and Std of Slaughter - 262
    14 Witch Elves (FC) w Rune of Khaine and Banner of Murder - 215
    14 Witch Elves (FC) w Rune of Khaine- 190

Rare

2 RBT

Total 1997

PD 2+3+2+d3+1+
    DD 2+2+1+Dispel

Idea is to have Xbows in front of CoK and Witch Elves to shield/block the Frenzied Witches and block for the Cold Ones. That is why the Pearl on the Cold One Champ.

Spears Guard Flanks and stop Witches taking off after an Eagle.

Thoughts, Comments??

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering you want it based around witch elves maybe a cauldron of blood and a death hag?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

A dark pegasus... never the greatest choice in my opinion to have your general sat on. I think I would much rather have her sat in a unit, possibly even ontop a coldone for a bit of armour. Although i see what your doing giving the SS quick movment to get about and be affective with her spells, it doesnt take much to bring the mount down from under here making here a major target to your enemy. The best bet using your tactic is to get rid of the Black staff and instead give her the focus familiar. not only does it save points but it means you can sit in a unit of spearmen behind the crossbows, whilst still being able to have a line of sight from 6" away, feassably infront of the crossbows. Make her Lvl 4 for that extra spell.

The second sorceress, you have power of darkness so dont realy need darkstar cloak. Instead, drag up some points from somewhere and increase the size of the speamen unit shes in, and give here the dagger if you desperatly want extra dice.

I agree you need a cauldren in thier due to the number of witches present, you need more than just a screen against most war machines like cannons and stone throwers to protect your units, get the 5+ ward on units.

Get rid of the banner of murder. its not going to make the unit better at wounding the enemy, and the you have enough attacks without the rune of khaine on hags. instead use the hags to deal with the tougher opponents or tool them to better the unit. I think witchbrew if your playing a froce like wood elves who love to flank, or against tougher opponents take Manbane so your alost always wounding on a 3. trust me it will work better for you than an extra few attacks.

I would probably break he harpies into one unit of 7-8. You will be using them to take out war machines and flying behind fleeing enemy units so you need to maintain unit strength 5. loosing 1 or 2 early on could make the unit realy inafective, not even being able to contend tanle quarters.

Love the preal on the cold ones, it hadnt occured to me untill seeing it in your list.

What do you mean by 123 sorceress btw? or is it just a typeo.

Hope this helps,

Saltrock36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, will make the changes - oh the 123 is points cost of the spears - my bad.

Thanks again

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Royalwulff View Post
    Hello all,

Well my wife would like me to build her an army, and I thought a army based around Sorceresses and Witch Elves would be a nice theme for her. let me know what you think.

Supreme Sorceress - Lvl 3,Dark Pegasus, Black Staff, Pendant of Khaleth - 365definately drop the pegasus and get the level 4 magic. I personally think the sacrificial dagger helps on one of these sorceress. Tome of furion on the level 2 is also a good combo to help your magic phase work.

Sorceress - Lvl 2, Dispel and Darkstar Cloak - 185

Core

10 Crossbow w Shield and Music - 115 would probably drop one of these to bolster the spearmen's numbers up and maybe get a warbanner in there.
    18 Spears (FC) - 123 Sorceress here
    18 Spears Std and Music - 117
    5 Harpies
    5 Harpies

Special

6 Cold One Knights (FC) with Pearl of Infinite Bleakness and Std of Slaughter - 262
    14 Witch Elves (FC) w Rune of Khaine and Banner of Murder - 215I don't think I would take a banner with these numbers, too risky. A cauldron would help, but I really don't see the points for it anywhere.
    14 Witch Elves (FC) w Rune of Khaine- 190

Rare

2 RBT

Total 1997
    I like harpies, I think, but dark riders are super useful as well and much more likely to rally and be useful later in the game.

+ Reply to Thread