2000pts Dark Elves, New guy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

2000pts Dark Elves, New guy

I've recently started Warhammer fantasy and have been toying with the Vampire Counts army, so I'm used to small elite armies thus far. However I wanted a taste of something new and i really do like magic so I've devised this list before I start buying models:

Dread Lord - 241pts
    - Sea Cloak
    - Blood Armour, Executioners Axe

Sorceress - 185pts
    - Sacrificial Dagger, Peral od Infinite Bleakness
    - Magic lvl 2

Sorceress - 185pts
    - Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll
    - Magic lvl 2

Sorceress - 200pts
    - Seal of Ghond, Tome of Furion
    - Magic lvl 2
    - Cold one mount

9 Cold One Knights - 308pts
    - Full Command, Banner of Murder

19 Black Guard - 317pts
    - Full Command, Standard of Hag Graef

20 Warriors - 155pts
    - Full Command, Shields

10 Repeater Crossbowmen - 100pts

10 Repeater Crossbowmen - 100pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower -

Reaper Bolt Thrower -

Total - 1991pts

Not sure how the Bolt Throwers will do as I've not had any experience with shooting yet in the game but if they fail me I'd probably replace them with a unit of Corsairs with the frenzy banner. But I shall test them for now.

I did want a Supreme Sorceress to be my general but including her in the army didn't seem to allow me to make a viable list so I've gone for the dread lord for now.

Last edited by Heiromyo; August 20th, 2008 at 22:48.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

Looks really good. Three Sorceress will do nicely for sure. I might exchange one of their magic items for another DS, but that's only if you're facing an enemy with a really nice magic phase.

Other than that, I would say drop the second rank of CoK, or reduce their number to 6. With the remianing points, you could add another unit of crossbows or Dark Riders (I'd say the riders).

+ Reply to Thread