Awesome Army List for Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome Army List for Dark Elves

Dark Elf Army List 2000 points

20 Dark Elf Warriors with full command and shields 155
    20 Corsairs with full command and banner of the sea serpent 250
    1 Assassin with additional hand weapon , Rune of Khaine, Manbane and Hand of Khaine 161
    20 Dark Elf Crossbowmen 200
    20 Dark Elf Crossbowmen 200
    15 Black Guard with Kouran of the Black Guard and the rest
    of the command 230
    1 Sorceress Lv.4 with Seal of Ghrond, Black Staff
    and Tome of Furion 360
    1 Master with Armour of Darkness and Whip of Agony 130
    Total 1996

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Do you realy own 80 warriors and 40 crossbowmen? XD

I find warriors pretty sucky in combat. They need support. You're only support is more warriors. They's to slow to take the flanks of the enemy.

Use your rare choice(s) they are great. Hydra of RBT will help you way more then a unit warriors.

Take some cavalry so you can play the movement game.

Unit of 20 crossbowmen is to large takes up too much space. take 10

I also love Harpies. They can knock out most warmachines with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but the dark elf warriors are cheap. And they just keep a defensive line while the rest of your army shoots away at the enemy.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

sorry, this isn't awesome. Maybe it looks good on the table to have that many models. Maybe that's what you meant.

Great you have lots of bodies, but there are too many multi-attack troops out there for you really believe that you stand a chance in combat. Let's take a unit of dragon princes for example. 6 wide with a banner and warbanner and musician is how I run mine. I shoot 1-2 guys so now you only have 2 ranks and a banner, I'll charge the front and do about 8-10 wounds, you might do 1. You then run like a little girl til I can turn around and do it again. Your magic (which I think you have illegal combination of items) will not be that effective because you only have 7 power dice and only one spell caster. You'll probably get 1 spell off per turn which means I can limit you to only getting less important spells off. Your magic defense is less than inspiring as well.

You have little that can fight, nothing to slow the enemy down, nothing that can take on big monsters or fast moving, hard hitting cav armies. Most of your units are leadership 8 which is above average, but not guaranteed to pass a terror check or panic check. Plus your deployment zone may not even allow you to fit all your units in it effectively. Nothing to redirect charges except large, awkward units which you need for flanking. Sorry, too many flaws in this list to call it awesome. Too many ways to beat it. While the repeater crossbow is improved, it's not a game-winner by any chance and unless you've got a large target or your opponent foolishly puts something on a hill, you've wasted 3/4 of your crossbows in ranks.

You need something that can give you some wounds. Maybe convert some of those warriors/xbowmen into executioners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

you're calculation on the black guards is wrong its 291 for 15 black guards with kuran, standard bearer and musician.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will look astonishing on the table , but the result may not be that astonishing
    I would drop 2 units of Dark Elf warriors for some RBT's or a Hydra
    and dont take Kouran he isnt that good for 75 points
    Dark Elf General

+ Reply to Thread