Critique my DE Warband list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Critique my DE Warband list?

Hey all,

My local game store is running a 200 point warband league and I've been tossing some lists around trying to find something well-rounded, but with hitting power. Here's what I've come up with.

x3 Repeater X-bowmen (30 pts)
    x3 Corsairs w/hand weps (30 pts)
    x2 Cold One Knights (54 pts)
    x4 Black Guard w/x1 Tower Master (86 pts)

It's really hard to squeeze a good list into 200 points! Any thoughts?

-Re

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

This is more an Army Lists thread.

Anyway, take compense from the fact that if a list is hard for you to make, it'll be hard for your enemy.

Onto feedback for your list, I'm not sure the CoKs belong tbh. I'd drop them, and add more troops. I think you need at least five Black Guard to get a unit champion anyway, so there's one thing to add.

What else I would throw in is another Corsair, and some decent equipment for them. They could at least have a shield or something.

If that were my list in a game, I would use the RXBowmen to sit back in support, and shoot down the fast guys in the enemy's list. I would then use my Corsairs to prevent my Black Guard from getting flanked and/or overwhelmed.

And that, is my thoughts on your list. Hope it helps.

-AFG//

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

you can also add some spearmen for some 4+AS in CC. they are good for their points
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

you can also add some spearmen for some 4+AS in CC. they are good for their points

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post

What else I would throw in is another Corsair, and some decent equipment for them. They could at least have a shield or something.

-AFG//
    corsairs cant have shields . just field them with the 2 HW, that'll help i lot IMO.

EDIT: sry for double-posting..
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

It isnt bad, one thing to consider, harpies are pretty good in warbands to take out light units like your crossbowmen. I would say stick with the cold one knights. They bring a great hammer unit not much can stand up to in warbands. They should have no problems plowing through little units of 3-5 infantry.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think harpies might be the way to go? I considered that myself, but unfortunately they don't count as a core choice - I need both the crossbowmen and the corsairs in there - so in order to fit in harpies I'd have to either swap out the black guard for spearmen or something, or get rid of the cold ones.

It's a tough call, but I agree about sticking with the cold ones - they deliver a punch that I think will be necessary to have.

+ Reply to Thread