200p Warband - Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

200p Warband - Dark Elves

Alright, I've posted before on this topic, but I had an alternate list idea and wanted to get some feedback.

I'm entering into a 200 point warband league at my local game store, and it works like this: If a unit is destroyed in combat, or falls below its minimum unit strength, you have to roll 1d6. On a 1 or 2, the unit is gone forever and has to be purchased again. The points you get at the end of each game can be used for this purpose, or to purchase new units.

With this in mind, there are two philosophies for how to start the warband league. On the one hand, I could go with a lot of troops that may allow me to bait and flee, set up flank charges, or capture objectives easier, etc. That list would look something like this:

3x Corsairs
    3x Repeater xbow
    5x Black Guard w/Tower Master
    2x Cold One Knights

I figure this gives me a little shooting, a melee distraction unit, a hard-hitting unit with my commander in it, and two knights.

The other line of thought though is that maybe it would be a good idea to sink half the points into a bolt thrower because it would probably be near impossible to fit into the army later. It's a risky move, and I'm not sure if it's a wise choice or not, as it would severely limit my boots on the ground, especially considering that I have to take at least a champion to be a commander.

Might look something like this:

x1 Reaper Bolt Thrower
    x3 DE Warriors w/shields
    x10 DE Warriors w/shields + Lordling

It's definitely a gamble. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

I would recommend the more units one maybe make all of them dark ridersor something like that.

But out of the two i believe that the one with five black guard is the best.

+ Reply to Thread