2250pts vs Woodelves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250pts vs Woodelves

Hey all playing against woodelves for the first time in like 3years so advice would be welcome. Oh and he has a dragon, that is why the assassin is like he is.

Master Ring of darkness, heavy armour, lance, shield, seadragon cloak, coldone 154

Sorceress lvl 2, sacrificial dagger, dispel scroll 185

Sorceress lvl 2, tomb of furion, seal of Ghronde 180

5 Darkriders repeater crossbow, spear 110

5 Darkriders repeater crossbow, spear 110

21 Warriors full command 162

20 Corsairs full command, Sea serpent standard 250

Assassin 2 hw, Manbane, Rune of Khaine, Cloak of Twilight 166

8 Harpies 88

10 Coldone Knights full command, Ring of Hotek 335

5 Shades repeater crossbow 80

5 Shades repeater crossbow 80

War Hydra 175

War Hydra 175

2250 exactly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Your list looks solid, the 2 hydras should tear him a new one. Also your magic should be real effective depending on his magic defense. Shutting down his shooting with chill winds is awseome.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also since you don't have boltthrowers to counter treemen, choose fire as magic lore or if you want to gamble choose shadow and hope for pit of shades.

Usually treemen and wild riders are the units that makes a wood elf army. So I'd see them as the biggest threat. With dryads and warhawk riders as a close second.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Moved to army lists.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for that Rork realised what I did the second I posted, soz. And the list went really well, thinking of a few changes but not dramatic, thanks for the feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think the big thing with the hydras is the breath weapon so the treeman and dryads will be easily wiped out with them taking the double wounds. I play both dark elves and wood elves and I find the bigest thing with wood elves is the archery (duh!). I always employ waywatchers and scouts to decimate enemy wizards hiding in the back behind troops and can f up his dragon rather quickly. now to counter the arrows use reapers to fire farther than them so the arrows do not hit you and use both hydras and corsairs to make it up there alive. I'm iffy about the dark riders as they have So little armour they can easilly be picked off I'd throw in more corsairs/harpies/or some witch elves...if he brings wardancers you'll want to have some extra attacks like that of the with elves w/ frenzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey wood elf player here. Easy way to beat us? SHOOTING! little to no armour saves with at best a 5+ ward save and low to average toughness. shooting rips us apart, also STAY AWAY from war dancers, at all costs, thirty two str4 ws6 attacks will make your hydras dead in no time, trust me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed any elf weaknes is his strong point of arrow vs. arrow but throw the hydras towards treeman and witch elves towars the wardancers. if you have a couldron it's even better for you if not well you have hatred going for you if you charge you may take out a great number of them quick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

My friend is starting dark elves, I'm a wood elf player myself. In the few games we have played, the Hydra hasn't given me alot of trouble. His flame breath is only good for treemen or treekin, and if you are close enough to use that you are close enough to get charged by either of these units, which will likely win in close combat. Dryads only have 1 wound each so the flame doesn't do much.

I'd go with RBTs insted. the s4 of the shots eats up most units, and most units are small to begin with. once they are at 1/2 strenth, they loose alot of their combat prowess.

The one thing you are missing that you really need is magic weapons. I know alot of units for DE can bring magic items for their champs; Do it. The ability to negate the forest spirit ward-save is tremendous.
    W.E tpyically have weak magic (esp if he is bringing a dragon, he won't have a mage lord). I wouldn't be concerned too much, the only thing they are likely to do is treesing.

I don't know if this army would do it. too many crossbows, you will be at -3 to hit for moving repeating and shooting at skirmishers.

I'd drop a unit of dark riders, the shades and a hydra. Bring some elite infantry and a RBT or 2. Give your guys (cheap) magic weapons and maybe get rid of some of your magic defence items.

+ Reply to Thread