2000pt friendly vs WoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x1)

2000pt friendly vs WoC

Heroes @ 640
    Sorceress @ 150

Level 2,
    dispell scroll, dispell scroll

Master @ 171
    Dark Pegasus, Lance, Sea dragon cloak, Shield, Heavy Armour, Ring of Hotek,

1 Master 329
    Manticore, lance, shield, sea dragon cloack, heavy armour, Pendent of Khaeleth

Core @ 555
    5 Dark riders @ 117

Repeater crossbows, Musician

5 Dark riders @ 117
    Repeater crossbows, Musician

20 Warriors @ 180
    Shield, full command, Warbanner

Assasin @ 141
    Add. hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Manbane

Special @ 596
    5 Cold one Knights @ 202
    Champ, Standard, Standard of Slaughter

5 CoK @ 149

14 Black Guards @ 245
    Champion, Standard, Standard of Hag Ghraef

Rare @ 375
    2 Reaper Bolt Throwers @ 200

1 Hydra @ 175

Total @ 2166

Can you guys help me? I'm 166pts over 2k and need to get rid of some things. I don't know if my opponent will go magic or not but I took a bit magic def. Pegasus master with ring of hotek to annoy the caster, and a scroll caddie.

I tried to give my warriors as much static combat rez as possible and put an Assasin in it to slay a few models before the enemy strikes incase they charge. (also the assasin will take out flanking wolves if they get through)

2x5 Dark Riders so I meet core requirements and are cheap and work great, I'll take down hounds / light cav first so they wont bug me. After that I'll take the rear of units with few models in rear.

2x5 Cold one Knights more cav, mobile and pack quet a punch. These Probably go after the Warriors.

2x RBT to take down Giants and whittle down warriors, shoot some chaos knigts u catch my drift

Tips are very much apreciated! ^^

Last edited by aimbob; November 11th, 2008 at 12:29.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Looks pretty similar to my list, one difference is i take 2 sorceresses and 1 dreadlord not on a manticore

I can't decide if i want two units of Black Guard or 1 and a unit of executioners, but either way, that would replace the 2nd unit of CoK

I think it's a decently over all solid list, but there's a lot more experienced people that will hopefully help you out.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

21 (x2)

If you want a list specific against WoC you'll need to make some changes IMO.

You've got to use more magic than you do. 2 sorc or 1 supreme on peg + 1 sorc. Dark + Dark or Dark + Metal or Dark + Death is good against WoC.

Remove the monsters as they're easily killed in CC. Ok Nurgle and Tzeentch magic is good but they're hardly over the top like VC, TK or OK. You don't have to dedicate a character for that.
    The assassin will most of the time strike at S4... making manbane quite useless in a unit. You can make him schout and go monster/chariot hunting with cloak, manbane and stars.

For special choice I'd advice using a unit of 8 shades with GW instead of a second uinit of knights. The extra smal arms fire will deal with marauders and hounds while their S5 will be great for flanking.

For rares 4 boltthrowers is godly against monsters and armour. I don't think that the hydra will be as well as 2 boltthrowers against WoC.

If I'd remove one thing to save pts form your list it'd be the assassin. Clearly not worth it in many games.

IMO a typical chaos army will look something like this:

marauder horsemen
    marauder horsemen

characters may differ...
    Of cause I may be totally wrong but from my experience this kind of setup is pretty common.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

+ Reply to Thread