[1500pts] Friendly vs Orcs / Wood elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500pts] Friendly vs Orcs / Wood elves

Hi,
    I have a few friendly games at the weekend vs Wood elves and Orcs (although this may switch to warriors of chaos!). This is the list i have put together- hopefully it is balanced and can cover most eventualities:

LV2 sorceress - focus familiar / darkstar cloak (in spearmen)
    5 Dark riders - xbow and musician
    15 spearmen - full cmd
    5 harpies
    10 xbows
    Assassin (in spears / shades or BG - not sure where yet!) - Rune of Khane, manbane
    14 Blackguard + Kouran - full cmd, ASF banner
    5 cold ones - full cmd, slaughter banner
    5 shades
    1 Hydra

Comments please

total 1497pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I like your unit selection comes pretty close to what I like to use.But I have some comments

Sorceress

I would drop the focus familiar
    Take dispell scroll instead (if your out of dispell dice and a spell is cast upon your black guards then your screwed)

15 spearmen
    not so effective unit this small but with the assasin it could work

Assasin
    Equip him with additinal hand weapon aswell

Shades
    Could drop the musician on cold one knights and take GW for shades (Cold one Knights aren't suppose to flee ;p)

Black Guards
    Kuran gives a nice bonus to the unit, but in my oppinion at the cost of to much points. He has only 1 wound and has T3 and heavy armour, so he dies quickly. I wouldn't use him in a under 2k battle
    Last edited by aimbob; November 26th, 2008 at 14:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments.

Sorceress
    I agree, although the guys I play against don't use much magic but its better to be safe than sorry!

15 spearmen
    yeah trying to get that extra rank in...I will see what I can do..

Assasin
    Sorry - should have said he already has the +1HW (forgot to write it down as essentially its mandatory!)

Shades
    thought about GWs myself...I will see, although the Cold one musician might come in handy in a drawn combat?...

Black Guards
    I was unsure too but I wanted (needed?) another 'character' model and could not afford a decent hag or BSB without losing at least 1 unit of troops. Ideally I would like a BSB with the ring of darkness in the BG unit to hamper those pesky wood elf archers but he would cost upwards of 150 points so if I got rid of kouran I am some 75+ points short.....

+ Reply to Thread