1500pts, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts, friendly

hello everyone, i just recently got picked warhammer back up and come to find out that there has been a new codex for dark elves released. I had accumulated what i thought was a decent 1500pt army with a solid mass of elf foot troops, some cavalry thrown in, and also a manticore because i just love the model. But now i have to tweak some stuff to make my units fit. Any help at all is desperately appreciated.

Master-309
    lance, armour of darkness
    manticore

Sorceress-135

level 2

Dark Elf Warriors*20-149

shields, standard, musician

Dark Elf Warriors*20-149

Dark Elf Warriors*16-121

Dark Ark Corsairs*10-110
    reaver

Dark Riders*5-117
    musician, crossbows

Dark Riders*5-117
    musician, crossbows

Cold One Chariot-100

Cold one knights*6-211
    standard, musician, war banner

Shades*5-80

Reaper Bolt Thrower*2-200

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression: Why three blocks of warriors? They aren't very good at fighting and two units is plenty of static CR IMO. You've got Cold One Knights - that's good - but other than that no real "elite" units. I suggest dropping at least one unit of warriors and getting some black guard / executioners / more Cold One Knights / ect. - something to break tough enemies with or without the help of the Manticore guy.

Also, you'll need a couple of Dispel Scolls more likely than not. See if you can trim off enough points to get your sorceress some scrolls.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my main reasons for the extra warriors is that i dont have any more special slots to fill up and had a good chunk of points to play with, i could drop the whole unit and beef up the corsairs a bit, then add a shade and try to get a scroll- but i do kinda like the idea of an extra unit there to just combo charge/support with

on the topic of getting an elite unit-i realy like the executioners but cant seem to find points or even a slot, maybe dropping the chariot completely? any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonadams View Post
    any suggestions?
    Bump your list up to 2000 points! If there's anything that can be called a "standard" army size, then that'll be it. Well, it is in the UK anyway. Americans seem to prefer 2,250-point armies. Your extra 500 points opens up another special choice and another rare choice and also gives you just that little bit more freedom of choice to take some of the nastier units.

Personally, I don't think that a single chariot is very useful. They're excellent in pairs, I find. If you want to stick to 1500 points, then I'd drop the chariot and a unit of warriors (in fact, probably two units of warriors - just go with one unit of around 25) for a unit of Black Guard. These boys are tip top - absolute solid gold. I don't reckon you can go wrong with them.

Apart from that, be careful about how you use your Manticore. Just remember that it can randomly become frenzied. Not always a good thing.

Good luck!

V.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason i really like the 1500pt size game, it makes the use of the manticore alot cooler, but maybe thats just me

ive decided to drop the 16 strong unit of spearmen completely and use those points to get 8 more corsairs, a shade, and a dispel scroll, leaving me about 8pts to mess with. Does this option sound good or not?

also im pretty sure i want to drop that chariot as well, in the old codex i had 2 but now that they each take up a special slot i wouldnt want to use up the valueable space when i could get something better, i was thinking about a nice small unit of executioners, any thoughts? i have been under the assumption that a small detachment of around 12 would be a nice shock unit, but now that they are a bit cheaper in the new codex would it be beneficial to try to get a larger unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

With that many Warriors running around, I'd definitely give your Sorceress a Sacrificial Dagger. Add on a Dispel Scroll and you'll have a solid magic defense and a potentially devastating offense.

Your Master might do better with the Blood Armor and the Pendant of Khaleth. The Pendant keeps him around longer and the Blood armor (when combined with a sea dragon cloak and shield) will be as good as the armor of darkness after only 2 kills.

The Corsairs I like in units of 12 (6x2) with a full command and the Sea Serpent Standard. They dish out 3 attacks each across a frontage of 6, for a whopping 19 attacks including the reaver. They are great for mowing down light infatry and flanking for your spear blocks.

The Shades perform extremely well with great weapons, I'd go up to 6 and add that lovely piece of kit.

The chariot can go.

I'd also go down to 1 unit of 25-30 Warriors, it's really all you need. They hold the line with some static CR while everything else runs around and kills people.

If you wanted Executioners, I like a unit of 6 with a musician. For a very low cost you get an exceptionally killy unit that can swing combats in your favor. Plus, they're expendable so your entire army doesn't hinge on the survival of T3 troops in heavy armor.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread