2250 Direful list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

2250 Direful list

Alright, buddies, that's most propobaly what I am going to collect (outcluding Assasin & 7 Shades for 2500), and it's going to be one of lists of your choice and, hopefully, better thanks to your advise. Here are two similar lists...

LORDS

Dreadlord
    Black Dragon
    Pendant of Khaeleth

+Armour of Darkness
    +Crimson Death
    (magic total: 35+25+25=85)
    (total: 50)

or

+Heavy Armour
    +Sea Dragon Cloack
    +Enchanted Shield
    +Deathpiercer
    +Ring of Hotek
    (magic total: 35+10+25+25=95)
    (total: 72)

HEROES

Sorceress 150
    Dispell Scroll
    Dispell Scroll

CORE

5 Dark Riders 117
    Musician
    Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders 117
    Musician
    Repeater Crossbows

18 Corsairs 205
    Reaver
    Standard Bearer
    Musician

5 Harpies 55

5 Harpies 55

SPECIAL

5 Cold One Knights 135

18 Executoniers 236
    Draich-Master
    Standard Bearer
    Musician

18 Black Guard 312
    Tower Master with Soulrender
    Standard Bearer with Standard of Hag Graef

RARE

Reaper Bolt Thrower 100

Reaper Bolt Thrower 100

War Hydra 175

Now, with Dragon and Pendant only, it is 2252 army. It means that if I give him first option items, it shall be 2302 and minus one unit of harpies it is 2247, so all is fine. However, though lance has other uses, dragonborne lord with ring is really great option, especially as I gonna need a lot of anti-magical defence, and he is going to be in the middle of enemy battle line. So i though it may be good to equip him so. If so, before dropping anything, it is 2324, so 74 points above limit. I was thinking about possible options...
    My plan so far is dropping single Harpies unit, dropping Soulrender from BG, dropping their Tower-Master and for ten points... well... I have no idea.
    But from this point on in exaple Enchanted shield could be exchanged for Blood Armour... And I'd drop Heavy Armour... it is 16 points. In example CoK Dread Knight or Standard Bearer.

Any ideas?

I would like to avoid exchanging Throwers for Hydra, but yes, I am considering that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a Hydra woudl be incredibly more useful in a mobile list such as this, unless you are keeping defense back for the Bolt throwers. Which is even more ineffective in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You can't take the Ring and Pendant on one character, they're both Talismans I'd take the Ring with the Armor of Eternal Servitude, toss in the Deathpiercer and some mundane armor and you're all set.

It looks like a good set up, but I'm no fan of min/maxing Core (DE Core is too good to ignore).

Execs don't compare to BG in their role as awesome anvil unit, so I'd rather split the Execs into 2 smaller units with musicians to run around flanking. They keep a low profile, are expendable and cheap and still hit just as hard.

5 naked Knights seem out of place here, I'd spring for a spear block, you could use the SCR.

Corsairs rock with the Sea Serpent Standard.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I'll only add that I'm prefering Elite Infantry to Warriors. No spearelves in there! And BG work quite nice in block, as they are second line infantry. I used them in such manner and proved to act nicely. I don't think two sixes can withstand 2250 shooting, that wouldn't hurt others a lot. I know the flanking idea, but I'll have to think...

I was thinking about SSS, but aren't they too hard to control? I wouldn't like to waste harpies so that they'll babysit Corsairs, though it would be fluffy.

5 naked Knights win combat with 25 swordsmen 5x5 by two. They are cheap 27 points per model and I think command group would decrease this cost/effectiveness relation.

Fine Lord setup setup. I think I'll run him like that. Especially when I see Vampires or HE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I have a question, would Assasin be nice addition? For example in BG unit?

+ Reply to Thread