2,000 and 2,250 Point Tournament lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

2,000 and 2,250 Point Tournament lists

I've come up with a list that has worked very well in the practice games I've played so far. I think it's a fairly balanced but effective list, and adopts a somewhat unconventional approach (going by the conversations I've had with people in my local GW store anyway - I don't know what counts as 'conventional', so I can't really comment).

Ok, so 2000 points is as follows:

Lord
    General:
    Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Dark Steed,
    2 Dispel Scrolls, Tome of Furion, Lifetaker

Heroes
    Master, BSB, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak
    Pendant of Khaeleth, Soulrender

Master, Great Weapon, Armour of Darkness,

Core
    21 Warriors, Full Command, Warbanner
    5 Dark Riders, Musician, RXBs
    5 Dark Riders, Musician, RXBs
    5 Harpies
    5 Harpies

Special
    13 Black Guard, Full Command, Standard of Hag Graef (with Battle Standard)
    13 Black Guard, Full Command, Banner of Murder (with Master)

Rare
    2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
    Hydra

In 2,250 the following are added:

Assassin, Additional Hand Weapon,
    Rune of Khaine, Manbane (goes in Warriors)

10 Crossbowmen, Musician.

6 PD + "Power of The Darkness"
    4 DD

Basic tactic is for the Black Guard to hit stuff and not die/run until the Hydra and Spearmen can hit the flanks.

Dark Riders, Harpies and Bolt Throwers are there to deal with enemy shooting and war machines (and the RBTs can deal with monsters).

The major weaknesses that I can see are vulnerability to heavy magic damage and heavy shooting - so the fast cav and shooting that I've got will have to get rid of casters and enemy shooting ASAP.

So far I've tested this army against Dwarfs, VCs twice, and Daemons - winning 3 games out of 4 and managing a Draw against the Daemons. However, I'd suggest that none of the four amies I've so far played against are "tournament" lists, so I don't know how my list would fare against, for example, a Tzeentch Power Dice spam army or a Dwarf gun line. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Also, a few magic item questions:

I'm debating whether to use Pendant of Khaeleth and Soulrender or Ring of Darkness and a Great Weapon on the Battle Standard.

I'm also wondering whether to use Lifetaker on the Sorceress or Crimson Death on one of the Black Guard unit champions.

Finally, should I try to squeeze in a Null Talisman or two?

Cheers.

V.

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd prefer to put the Supreme Sorc with the spearmen with a Sacrificial Dagger, Lifetaker isn't all that hot and with the Dagger she can dominate the magic phase by herself. Just swap out the War Banner for more bodies and you can stick her with the Dagger and Pearl to keep them from running when she gets carried away.

Also, the Ring of Hotek would be handy in one of your units of BG, added protection against the magic spam lists you'll definitely run across.

But otherwise it looks like a solid set up. It's not what I tend to run but I can see it performing well.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread