2250 Dark Elf Torney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Dark Elf Torney List

Characters

Crone Hellebron = 350 points

Death Hag + cauldron of blood = 350 points

master + army standard bearer + standard of hag graef + great weapon + heavy armour = 148 points

sorceress + seal of ghrond + tome of furion = 145 points

total characters = 843

core

19 warriors + lordling + standard bearer = 145 points

5 black riders = 135 points

5 black riders = 135 points

total core = 315 points

special

13 executioners + driach master + musician + standard bearer = 186 points

15 black guard + tower master + musician + standard + banner of murder = 255 points

5 cold one knights + dread knight + musician + standard bearer = 175 points

5 cold one knights + dread knight + musician + standard bearer= 175 points

total special =791 points

rare

repeater bolt thrower = 100 points

total army = 2249 points

strategy... set infantry in middle for stubborn rule from cauldron. then cold ones on the outside of infantry. one unit on each side. light cavalry on outside for march blocking and flanks.

character placement.... crone with spear men... sorceress and standard in executioners..

let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Executioners are Khainites, so the master and sorceress won't be able to group with them. I'm not sure if the Hellebron will be able to group with the spearmen since she's a Khainite as well.

As for the rest, I'd probably just drop the musicians at least from the CoKs since they are groups of five.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

khainites - only khainite characters may join a khainite unit. in addition, certian special rules and magic items affect khainite units differently - the cauldron of blood, for example. note that khainite characters may join non-khainite units. this means you could use a death hag as a leader for a unit of dark elf warriors for example.

you are correct tho.. i need to take the master and make him a death hag army standard.
    and i need to remove the mage from that unit.

i will probably drop one black guard put the sorcerer in there and add one executioner and put the death hag in there.

i might need to drop a musicains to make up the point difference.

thanks for the advice, i completely missed the sorceress and master with the khainite rule. let me know what you think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Yep, you'll need the Death Hag BSB to go with the Execs if you want them to have ASF. I'd prefer Hellebron in the BG and giving them the Standard of Hag Graef, then you could drop the BSB altogether and pick up another Sorc.

4 DD isn't going to cut it, either get another Sorc or make her a scroll caddy.

I'd go up to 24-25 Warriros to make the most of their low cost, so even losing 5 won't deny you full rank bonus.

Dark Riders could use Crossbows and musicians.

Run your Execs and BG 6 wide to get the most attacks. 18 BG and 12 Execs would be fine.

COKs are good, maybe toss the Ring of Hotek in there for some extra protection.

I'd swap the RBTs for Hydras, they benefit from the Cauldron big time and are only 50 points more.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the reason i want to take the battle standard bearer is because the executioners can only carry a 25 point banner and i want them to have the always strike first banner because they will be able to deal tons of damage before a charging unit can even attack especially if i use the cauldron on them for +1 attack.

as for the dispel problem. i was thinking shaving 50 points somewhere and making each dread knight in the cok units have a ds.

i don't think dark riders a are really worth the extra 5 points for crossbows.. they are already 17 ppm and they are not the bast. i really only have them for march blocking..

i can either put crone in the warriors because they are pretty weak and i want them to hold and she can pretty much guarantee that they will cause she has the chance to have 9 attacks at strength 10 witch can even blast away the best armor saves in the game, or put her with the bg..

let me know what you think is a better choice. thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I know why you have the BSB, but it isn't the best choice. The Hag is frenzied, while Execs are not, so you suffer all the downsides of Frenzy with no benefit. You can be lured away and really hurt for it. Hellebron really needs ASF since she has no armor, and Execs with a BSB is a very expensive and easily baited unit. I prefer BG because they don't suffer from frenzy and can avoid taking the BSB altogether. Keep the Execs around to flank because they're still useful.

Only mages can have scrolls, so I'd give 2 to the Sorc and stick the Ring of Hotek on your COKs or BG.

Crossbows give DRs a lot more flexibility and a surprising amount of shots. They aren't just bait, you've got harpies for that.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it says the dread knights can take 25 points of magic items. can they not take it cause they are,nt mages. i didnt think it mattered but i could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for all the advice. if there is anything that you think would be better let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the majority of what ==Me== said, but the only thing different I would suggest is dropping only one RBT and shaving some points here and there for a hydra.

The Dreadknight can't have the scrolls because he's not a caster. Only casters (unless stated otherwise in an army book) can have arcane items. Now, putting a nullstone on him would be helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by genralZaroff View Post
    i don't think dark riders a are really worth the extra 5 points for crossbows.. they are already 17 ppm and they are not the bast. i really only have them for march blocking..
    They are the best with crossbows that is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast