2250 dark elf revised - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 dark elf revised

dreadlord, heavy armour, sheild, sea dragon cloak, ring of hotek, death peircer, manticore

death hag with cauldron of blood

sorceress, lv 2, dispell scroll, tome of furion

assasin, additional hand weapon, rune of khaine, touch of death

10 crossbowmen, muso

10 corsairs, reaver, muso, hand bows and 2 for reaver

5 dark riders with crossbows and muso

5 harpies

18 corsairs, fullcommand and sea serpen standard

18 witch elves, fullcomand and rune of khaine

5 shades with great weapons

2 repeater bolt throwers

war hydra

total comes to 2249

i thought it would be better to post in new thread rather than confusing everybody by editing the old one, i took on some of the changes that were suggested

my concern is magic will one sorceress really be enough ? i could cut one of the rbt's to get another but would that really be wise?

also i'm not sold on the dready's equipment i think maybe the ring should come out maybe for the ward save pendent based on str

Believe in me, even if we are torn apart our feelings will unite us that is what this post is all about.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Sorceress definitely won't be enough at 2250, at least, if you're going for offensive magic. I think you have three options here:

1. You could cut ranks from the Corsairs and witch elves. Neither of these units benefit from being ranked up - they win combats through kills, not static combat resolution. I would cut both down to 14 and run the 7 wide and 2 deep, to get the maximum number of attacks. I wouldn't cut the RBTs as they're extremely useful and very nasty. That should give you a couple hundred points to buy a brand new Sorceress with.

2. You could run the Sorceress as a Level 1 Scroll caddy and rely on her and the Ring to get you into combat.

3. You could get rid of her entirely and use the points to buy more troops.

A couple more thoughts:

If you decide not to pare down or eliminate the Sorceress, I would give her the Lifetaker (if she's going to be hangin' with the Corsairs) or the Darkstar Cloak.

The crossbowmen shouldn't need the musician, as they tend not to see combat.

The Ring of Hotek is best used in the middle of your army, where it can protect them all with its magic 12" Bubble of Making Magician's Heads Probably Explode.

Otherwise, looks good!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

well, on a manticore, he can fly the ring over to where the enemies' spellcasters are. Personally, I think the ring is overused. I've only faced the new DE once (usually playing them) and the ring had no effect on me whatsoever. I think you have to really roll alot of dice to roll the doubles, which means, that your basic 2d6 str4 magic missile will go off most of the time without a problem (killing your expensive lord and manticore) You don't have enough magic defense in my opinion. I think the seal of ghrond is better and some null talismans.

How does the death piercer work for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure about peircer i originally had him with a chillblade but ironically the last list was picked apart to make the changes above

i never actually liked the ring it's just everybody was saying it was really good for him personally i preffered to give him the ward save based on str or even just a talisman of protect thant way he had a 3+ a.s. then at least a 6+ w.s. followed by the regen

i don't know what to do about magic i would lve to add in a second lv2 i think it would give the list a real magic kick but i just don't have the points and shaving bodies from the other units isn't really viable they're already running 6 wide and i don't think 7 will all be in contact

also while they won't win by static res alone to completely ignore it would be extremelly foolish

i don't know suppose it's back to the drawing board i'll have another list up soon mayhap after i read some more tactica's / tips
    Believe in me, even if we are torn apart our feelings will unite us that is what this post is all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I'd do: buy a second Sorceress (as they aren't a big financial investment) and drop a unit to fit her in (say the crossbowmen). Play around with the army, dropping different units in different battles. If you find that your army is stronger with the second sorceress, use her. If not, then don't. You can always stick her in if you play a 2500 point game, too.

On the subject of SCR... the army I'm building has very little of it. Perhaps it is foolish, but it's always seemed far more fun and more in keeping with the flavor of the Dark Elves to win a combat through pure killiness than through weight of numbers. I feel as though any army should play to its strengths, and the Druchii's strength is in dealing out enough death to end the combat in the first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

MostlyGhostly raises some good points, I'd be inclined to do what he suggested.

As for the Ring, I find it extremely useful for protection, but even better as an offense. Run that Manticore up in the enemy's face, make his casters miscast and explode. Deathpiercer is a cheap magic lance and should be fine, and Regen is plenty of protection I'd say.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think
    in that list you will be facing some real trouble. the only big unit you have
    is a frenzied pirate unit , (although good save) weak enough to crumble within one turn
    try to get bigger fighter units
    and as others noted before me
    magic defense! use null tallys or seal of ghrond or a scroll caddy
    coz we dont have a that strong army vs magic
    Dark Elf General

+ Reply to Thread