First Dark Elves list - 2000 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

First Dark Elves list - 2000 Points

I've been making myself wait until I had 2K of my Night Lords from 40K fully painted to start my Dark Elves and that's getting close so I decided tonight to try my hand at an army list. I've been browsing various forums for a couple months trying to take in as much information as possible since not only is this my first Dark Elf List but it is my first Fantasy army and I haven't really even played the game yet so I'm sure I made a few newbish errors. Basically I made the list using the units I like the most and keeping in mind the more popular set ups I've seen around the last couple of months browsing. I'm not really familiar enough with the game yet to get the concept of synergy within a list so please pick it apart and tell me what I may have done right and what I've done wrong. I'm trying to jump right in so let me know any subtle nuances I might have overlooked as well. Anyways here's the list

Dreadlord - 274 Pts (Goes with Cold One Knights)
    Cold One, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Hand Weapon, Crimson Death, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth

Sorceress - 197 Pts (Goes with Dark Riders)
    Level 2, Dark Steed, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll

Sorceress - 185 Pts (Goes with Warriors)
    Level 2, Sacrificial Dagger, Dispel Scroll

24 Dark Elf Warriors - 184
    Shields, Full Command

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen - 115 Pts
    Shields, Musician

5 Dark Riders - 117 Pts
    Repeater Crossbows, Musician

6 Harpies - 66 Pts

5 Cold One Knights - 235 Pts
    Ring of Hotek, Standard of Slaughter, Full Command

14 Black Guard of Naggarond - 252 Pts
    Standard of Hag Graef, Full Command

War Hydra - 175 Pts

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers - 200 Pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd say that is a solid set up for a first list.

One thing I'd consider is giving your Black Guard champion the Crimson Death and giving your Lord the Deathpiercer. S6 on the charge and KB is great, plus the Crimson Death adds a lot of punch to the Black Guard. You could drop the AoES or Pendant to pick it up, mostly because I think both of them is a little overkill.

I'd also consider the Darkstar Cloak on your mounted Sorceress. She has the speed to be in range and sight for anything so a little extra magical firepower never hurts.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Okay thanks for the reply. I was thinking of maybe giving the Dreadlord the Deathpiercer too but I was thinking strength 4 with killing blow would not be as good as the full time strength 6, the +2 strength on the charge with a lance slipped my mind. I like the sound of the Crimson Death on the Black Guard too. I'm thinking I'd probably drop the Standard of Slaughter on the Cold Ones, does that sound right? With the Banner and the Lord they should have enough punch to put combat resolution in their favor without it especially if I'm able to flank them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I like the Standard of Slaughter a lot, but if you hit from the flank you should be ok without it.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe try a block of 15-20 Corsairs, they make excellent screening units especially since they have a 4+ armor against any shooting or magic which is amzing for a core choice. Also sea serpent banner gives them 3 attacks a piece. Full command is a must and you could expieriment with handbows as a defense for you war machines. Also, rumored (confirmed) in the new edition that you can't take more than scroll. Also the force org is 25% Rare 25% Spec 25% Hero 25% Lord and Cores can range to anything.

By percent I mean percent of points including upgrades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I'd be careful about investing 500 points in a unit of Cold One Knights. They are going to draw a lot of shooting and magic and probably get crippled before they see combat, considering they'll normally have to wait for warriors to engage from the front before they can flank charge (unless your opponent is careless).

I think you could cut out a lot of points on that unit and find they're still just as effective
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

nice necro....

This thread was made a year and a half ago.

I know the posting on here isn't very high volume, so at least check dates before replying to threads. It isn't that hard to look.

+ Reply to Thread