Friendly 2000 point Dark Elf w/Dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Friendly 2000 point Dark Elf w/Dragon

So As seen in my 1000 point core topic I've been building a Dark Elf army. I should finally be getting my first game in this evening, 2000 points against someone. Possibly WoC, or Brettonians, maybe VC.

So while I still don't have all model choices available (Black Guard are out of stock at my LGS), I decided to make a 2000 point list with a Dragon as I know I could make it to 2000 that way. So here's my list:

Dreadlord (Crimson Death, Armour of Darkness, Pendant, Black Dragon) 545
    Sorceress (lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak, Dispell Scroll) 185 goes w/Corsairs
    Sorceress (lvl 2, Sacrificial Dagger, Dispel Scroll)) 185 goes w/Warriors
    Dark Elf Warriors (23 w/Shields, Command) 176
    Repeater Crossbowmen (10 w/Shields, Guardmaster) 115
    Repeater Crossbowmen (10 w/Shields, Guardmaster) 115
    Black Ark Corsairs (11 w/Repeater Handbow, Command, Reaver w/2Hbows, Banner of Murder) 163
    Cold One Knights (6 w/Command, Standard of Slaughter) 237
    Shades (5 w/Greatweapons) 90
    War Hydra 000
    TOTAL=1986 points

Now this will be my first game of Fantasy in 5 years, and I know I need something that can take a pounding and dish it out like Black Guard, but this is what I have to work with for the moment.

Ideally the Repeater Crossbowmen units will wittle down any footsloggers so that the block of Warriors can take a beating. I probably won't do too well as it's been 5 years and I'm not 100% up on how it will all work together.

Ideally I won't be using the Dragon too often, as soon as I get my Black Guard, I can swap the dragon out and go with something a little more competitive.

2. Remove Advertisements

Rochester, NY
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I'd say that looks quite good. I'd like to see a little more mobility (swap out a unit of RxBs for Dark Riders) to support the Dragon, but otherwise it looks solid.
    Check out ==My== blog:

+ Reply to Thread