First 2k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 2k list

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

First 2k list

This is my first attempt to make a 2k list. I only played smaller games to get the feel of the DE army.

Here it is:
    HQ (573)
    1 Dreadlord 270 (joins CoKs)
    HAr + Sh + SDCloak; Cold One; Deathpiercer; Pendant o K; Dispell Scroll
    1 Master 118 (joins BG)
    HAr + SDCloak; Soul Render; Blood Armour
    1 Sorceress 185 (joins Spear unit)
    Lvl 2; Sacrificial Dagger Dispell Scroll

Core (565)
    10 R X-bow Warriors 100

25 Spearelves 190
    + Shield; Full Comm

5 Dark Rider 117
    Repeater X-bows;Muso
    5 Dark Riders 92
    Muso
    6 Harpies 66

Special (487)
    14 Black Guard 277
    Full Comm; Std o Hag Graef ;Crimson Death
    5 C o K 210
    Full Comm; Std o Slaughter

Rare (375)
    1 War Hydra 175
    2 Handlers
    2 RBT's 200

Feel free to add any comment.

I'm doubting maybe to get some Shades in this list but I like the idea of having enough mobility around in the list to counter pistolliers of him or to make sure I can threaten his War Machines.

The battle plan is rather simple: run up the Spear unit backed up by the BG unit. Supporting the march with support fire and some magic, if it comes through.
    Meanwhile DR and Harpies search positions to march block or to harras war machines or long rifles.
    The unit CoK's are there to protect a weak flank or to counter any Knights from his side.

What should I look out for apart from the Wizard with a mirror from Empire surprises?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

First off, Dreadlords can't take arcane items, so no dispel scroll.

Also, you can't take heavy armor and Blood Armor, they're both armor

I'd actually put the Dreadlord with the BG, bump them up to 17 (6x3 for more attacks) and mount the Master on a Cold One, ditch his magic items, and make him a BSB with the Hydra Banner. That makes your COKs a ridiculously good hammer unit. Just toss the Ring or a Null Talisman on the champion for some protection and go nuts.

I'd drop the unit of DRs without RxBs to save up points, and give your Sorceress 2 scrolls, her 4 PD plus the dagger isn't going to overpower much magical defense. Stick with the spearmen as a nice ranked unit though. If possible, add an Assassin to protect her.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Whoops, I made some n00b errors there.

Thanks for the comments. They seem to make sense to me.

I just wanted the Ld 10 in my CoK unit to counter Stupid so I thought a Master in the BG unit would suffice.

I do like your ideas and I'm going to try to fit them in the list.

Although I wanted to test what a unit of DR without r x-bow was worth. I like the idea of an assassin jumping to aid for the sorceress better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd put the Master on the Cold One solely because you can put the Hydra Banner in there and get a stupidly effective unit. 2 attacks each for rider and mount is all kinds of awesome. And if you keep them within 12" of the general you'll get Ld10 anyway

DRs vs. RxBs is up to what you want from them. RxBs are heavy firepower with some mobility and if you take shields they can form a unit with some SCR and 4+ armor in combat. DRs are much more mobile and better suited to fast cav duties like baiting, flanking, hunting war machines, and the like.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I was rather talking about the DR without x-bows than the x-bow warriors.

Only problem is that I can't squeeze in the Assassin.

I'm expecting my opponent to play war machine heavy so I might add some harpies to make sure they survive a little longer to harras the war machines.
    I know he rather counts on shooting than on Magic. So the two DS should suffice largely and thus I better take the Null Talisman over the Ring, in order not to hamper my own magic phase.

Too bad I don't have enough models to put two units of Harpies in.

Or would you advice to use some shades?

The new list:
    So here are the tweeks to my list:
    HQ 615
    1 Dreadlord 220 (Joins BG)
    SDCloak; Soulrender; Blood Armour; Pendant o K

1 Master 210 (Joins CoK)
    HAr + S + SDCloak; Cold One; BSB; Hydra Banner

1 Sorceress 185 (Joins Spearelves)
    Lvl 2; 2x Dispell Scroll

Core 504
    12 R X-bow Warrios 120

25 Spearelves 190
    + Shield; Full Comm

5 Dark Riders 117
    Repeater X-bow Muso

7 Harpies 77

Special 506
    17 Black Guard 316
    Full Comm; Std o Hag Graef ; Crimson Death

5 Cold One Knights 190
    Full Comm; Null Talisman

Rare 375
    1 War Hydra 175
    2 RBT's 200
    Last edited by El_Jairo; January 27th, 2009 at 17:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I think the new list with modifications is quite good. The only thing I would say, and this is just personal preference, is I would drop the RxB Warriors and add another group of 5 Dark Riders. I guess I just like the symetry of one group supporting each flank. Everything else looks good and much like my own army actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Give your BSB a lance so he can hit hard too. Another unit of DRs over the RxBs would be an interesting pick, it would certainly help against those pesky war machines.

If points are tight, you could always get rid of a couple warriors to pick up 2 units of harpies.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well I did face him with the last list and made some crucial errors of which the biggest was to accept playing with only 1/8th of the surface covered with scenery.

There were only had two small rocks in the centre to hide and in each deployment zone was a hill.

The army he brought was the following:
    two units of 20 spearmen with archer detachment and a lvl2 wizard and one with extra militia detachment
    A block of 20 flaggelants
    12 x-bowmen
    War altar with Archlector (or something like that) with big hammer (Str 10 hit)
    2 cannons with one engineer
    1 mortar
    1 missile launcher
    1 Hellblaster.

The battle was rather dissastrious: I couldn't do much about his shooting, I conuldn't do much about his Magic and my harpies only succeeded in fleeing the missile launcher.
    On top of that the war altar charged into my BG and I challenged him! I didn't know then only my Dreadlord could fight on.

My CoK never saw action because they were fled by cannons shots.

To my experience the BSB is over the top and I shouldn't boost my CC too much as his units suck in it.

So I would change the list to add one unit of Harpies (if I find the models) and one unit of Dark Riders.
    Replace the Dreadlord with a sorceress and make a mage hunter instead of a BSB.

What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I'm curious as to how you determined that Hatredy WS5 S6 attacks is somehow bad in combat. Even without the Hydra Banner these guys hit like a freight train.

Harpies make excellent missile screens, and Dark Riders would be good war machine hunters.

If magic is giving you problems, by all means add another Sorc. The COKs still hit pretty hard without the BSB in the mix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Thanx Me for the good advice.

I think I will downtune the two big Anvil and Hammer a little. I hope to be able to add some DR and Harpies.

So you just play your harpies like a screen and don't use them for war machine hunting?

How can I imagen to advance with this setup on a low scenery battlefield?
    You just place your harpies in front of your DR as you close in on the enemy? Or still try to hug cover as much as you can?
    Because if they are screened by the harpies might it not be more usefull to drop the x-bows on the DR?

Another thing I'm playing with is: is magic good at stopping his warmachines? I was thinking about chillwind, but it is rather difficult to score that hit on a crew member, not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast