2250 Tournament Dragon List Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Tournament Dragon List Help

Hey all. So Im a long time WE player and looking to play somethign a little darker. I generally like to work out what kinda of list I want before I purchase and like the idea of running a dragon as Ive been given the new model recentlly (so its either this or HE, it doesnt fit in with my WE army so...) I need some help with list as I am unfamiliar with the playstyle. So here it is:

Dreadlord, pair of repeater handbows, shield, sea dragon, Dragon, potion of strength, heartseaker, pendant of khaleath 597

Sorceress, Lvl 2, Pegasus, Dispell, Ring of Hotek 235

Sorceress, Lvl 2, Dispell, Sacrificial Dagger 185

20 Warriors, shields, full command 155

5 Dark Riders, mus, repeater crossbows 117

5 Dark Riders, mus, repeater crossbows 117

5 C.O.K. mus, full command, standard of slaughter, pearl of infinite blackness 235

5 C.O.K. mus, standard, banner of cold blood 190

5 Shades, great 90

War Hydra

War Hydra

Now, I could replace one of the Hydras with a Reaper and add in a Harpy unit but from what I understand, others advice to either max hydras or reapers, not mix. I would like to try to fit a unit of Harpies for more warmachine control though between the sorceress on peg and dragon, scouts and dark riders I shoudl be ok. At that point then, I will struggle with static combat rez, and will have to rely on casulties. The main tactic would be to move the shafes agaisnt light missle and warmachines, attempt to shut down enemy wizards with the peg sorc and harass with dreadlord while everything else moves into position for charges with the hydras and CoK moving up. If I can take out the wizards then I should be in position to lay some hurt on the enemy. Any suggestions?

Total PD: 6
    Total DD: 4

Thanks
    RedSkullOrk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Ring of Hotek on a caster? Surely you jest. The Ring makes any caster within 12" (friendlies too) miscast on a double, including the knucklehead holding it

Pearl of Infinite Bleakness does not negate stupidity, sorry.

The list itself looks ok, lots of stompy monsters are always good.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I must admit to simply not reading the entry for Ring of Hotek carefullly, you are most correct and providing a prime example for why I post on the boards for review I think I would replace it with the Darkstar Cloak or Tome of Furion. Also, with the Black Pearl, you are again correct as since the rules state that a Stupid Unit is also ItP than making them ItP does not cancel the stupidity though it woudl have seperate benefits of course. As it turns out, my list was a little points heavy so I think thattle get cut anyway.

More questions I would have are basically: are there very basic dreadlord on dragon setups that I am missing? Is the magic worth it? and shoudl I cut a hydra for some more basic combat rez... so many questions. haha

thanks
    RedSkullOrk

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I'd probably drop the pegasus and the repeater handbows and bulk up the warriors or if you drop a bit of the command (cold one champions are expensive imo) you could even spring for a unit of repeater crossbowmen with shields. 2 level 2's can actually be pretty decent if played well, esp. since you have power of darkness and the sacrificial dagger. You'll probably want more warriors to sacrifice though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

The "standard" Dragon build is Crimson Death, Armor of Darkness and Pendant. Cheap, protecty, and hits plenty hard. I've always kinda liked the Chillblade though, especially since the Dragon throws out the high S attacks anyway.

Buckero0 is on the money re: magic. 2 level 2s with a sacrificial dagger in the mix can dominate the magic phase. Just bring more Warriors to sacrifice and add the Darkstar Cloak and you're all set.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

The non-standard cool Dragon Build is Armour of Darkness; Pendant and Deathpiercer. As mentioned, Dragon already stikes high S attacks, while Dreadlord deals those with KB. And just see the first DE army artwork in armybook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm
    for the dragon build
    I always pick the TANK gear , armour of servitude and pendant , and then depending on the rest of the army which weapon , most of the time death piercer
    this way you can give a BSB armour of darkness and or crimson death , wich makes him even harder
    greetz Etičnne
    Dark Elf General

+ Reply to Thread