1500 pts khainite theme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts khainite theme

This is my first attempt at posting a dark elf list. I don't have a whole lot of models yet, so any advice on useful things to buy would be appreciated.

Core
    Spearmen (19), full command, shields 148
    Rep Crossbowmen (10) XX
    Corsairs (10), handbows 100
    Harpies (6) XX

Special
    Executioners (17), full command, war banner 259
    Witch Elves (18), full command, manbane on hag 230
    Cold One Chariot XX

Characters
    Sorceress, level 2, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll 175 (in crossbows)
    Death Hag, BSB, Banner of HG, Rune of Khaine, Manbane 200 (in execs)
    Master, Blood Armor, Crimson Death 120 (in spearmen)

Total 1497

Just purged a few individual points costs. -AFG//

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; April 22nd, 2009 at 08:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, i have thought quite often about making a khainite list but im never sure how well it would work.

Your core choices are pretty sound, spearmen, harpies and crossbowmen are all good choices. With the crossbowmen if you give them all shields and a musician (+15pts) they are a harder unit to break if they get charged. Corsairs are good, i love the slavers rule, but the handbows arent worth giving up the extra attack in close combat.

Specials: Witch Elves i find, and im sure people will disagree, arent worth the points. Alot of attacks, but frenzied and no armour, doesnt work well. Giving the frenzy banner to a unit of corsairs gives you a unit with 3A and 4+/5+ armour save and counts as a core choice. The executioners are a pretty standard unit with the ASF banner and they work brilliantly (I prefer Black Guard though). Cold One Chariots are good, cheap at 100pts for what they can do.

Your characters are all good i think and will add to the units they are in.

Hope thats helped you a bit, all i'd change in your list is drop the witch elves and boost your corsairs to a 20 man unit with the frenzy banner, and if you've got some points left take a rare choice maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to try to use the corsairs as a one deep screen line for the larger infantry blocks. Try to get them close so they'd get two double shot handbow volleys, assuming they'd get charged. They could also shred light cavalry used as march blockers. That and I don't have anything else to screen with at the moment.

Is there a better way to work witches? Maybe as smaller units for flank charges that aren't worth shooting at? I'd like to have some in there because there isnt really anything else for Khainite troops besides executioners.

+ Reply to Thread