Dark elf 500pts #2 need help!!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark elf 500pts #2 need help!!!!

Noble = 117
    (crimson death, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield)

10 Dark Ark Corsairs = 125
    (full command)

10 Repeater Crossbowmen = 100

10 Black Guard = 165
    (full command)

Total = 507

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

So...could you elaborate on what you need help on?
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a good list or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it competitive? And if so do you need to lose those 7 points you are over by?

In 500 points competitive, though it sounds a bit harsh, I would put in a hydra, not the black guard. Change the corsairs to warriors to free up some points, even drop the command. Put the Noble on a dark steed and give him lifetaker instead of crimson death. Should be around 500 points at end, improvise if needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice. I might do that but my list was kind of half designed to be a raider/pirate theme, but I might take a hydra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would go with

Sorcress on level 2, Darkstar Cloak 160
    10 Spearman 60
    10 Xbows, Musican 105
    Hydra 175
    =195

or

Master with Pendant of Kaeleth, Sword of Might, Heavy Armor, Shield, Seadragoncloak, Manticore 340
    Spearman 60
    10 Xbows

Personally I would go with the first list. Magic makes up its point cost very easy in low point games, level 2 with 5 power dices is quite devasting as well as a hydra. Combinend with 10 Xbows you got one of the dirtiest low budget lists availible.

The Second list is quite funny because most opponents can´t handle a flying creature in 500 point games. Quite devasting as well, but watch out, most opponents take a warmachine like cannons or boltthrowers, so you have to be a bit careful of shooting. But when you reach combat, battle is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

Im running a themes raider/pirate force that looks something like this:
    HERO:
    Master - (135) Heartseeker, Blood Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak.

CORE:

Corsairs - (150) 10 Corsairs with two hand weapons, light armor, and Sea Dragon Cloaks, Full Command. Sea Serpent Standard.

Corsairs - (125) 10 Corsairs with two hand weapons, light armor, and Sea Dragon Cloaks, Full Command.

SPECIAL:

Shades – (90) 5 Shades with Repeater Crossbows and Great Weapons.

Hope this helps a little, its working marvelously for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydra in 500pts is harsh.....very harsh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norngahl View Post
    Personally I would go with

Sorcress on level 2, Darkstar Cloak 160
    10 Spearman 60
    10 Xbows, Musican 105
    Hydra 175
    =195

or

Master with Pendant of Kaeleth, Sword of Might, Heavy Armor, Shield, Seadragoncloak, Manticore 340
    Spearman 60
    10 Xbows

Personally I would go with the first list. Magic makes up its point cost very easy in low point games, level 2 with 5 power dices is quite devasting as well as a hydra. Combinend with 10 Xbows you got one of the dirtiest low budget lists availible.

The Second list is quite funny because most opponents can´t handle a flying creature in 500 point games. Quite devasting as well, but watch out, most opponents take a warmachine like cannons or boltthrowers, so you have to be a bit careful of shooting. But when you reach combat, battle is over.

First list breaks the rules because the sorceress is more than 125 pts which is the limit for your SINGLE hero choice at 500 pts. Which brings me on to the second list with the manticore which takes up an additional hero choice and again far exceeds the 125 pt limit. Both are cheesy lists at this points cost anyway so i don't know why anyone would want to play against them. I also read somewhere that monsters are banned at 500 pts but i'm not sure. That would eliminate the hydra for all those people who said take one. I wouldn't anyway because i like having friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think there are any official rules for playing at 500pts, but the game has been designed for considerably larger battles. There are the rules for border patrol and they are there to allow for a more balanced game at 500pts but you dont have to use them, probably advisable to do so though if you want really get something from the game though. If you use a manticore or a hydra in 500pts its very 'point and click' army and i dont think you will learn much from playing smaller games.

For your list i'd recommend taking a bigger stronger unit of infantry, like 20 spearmen or corsairs instead of the smaller units of 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast