2250 DE Army (First Time) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 DE Army (First Time)

Hey. This is the army I'm planning on buying. Hopefully it will be good against Bretonnia, since it's very common to fight them around here. I'm new to WHFB and wanted to pick up these guys to have a balanced-ish army with a good Magic punch.

Characters:

Dreadlord - Black Dragon, Soulrender, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth
    (Rides with the Cold Ones)
    564 points

Sorceress - Sacrificial Dagger, Dispel Scroll, Level 2 Updrage
    (With the Warriors)
    185 points

Sorceress - Dark Steed, Dispel Scrollx2
    (Rides with the Dark Riders

Core:

Assassin - Manane and Rune of Khaine
    146 points

Warriors x29 - Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer
    212 points

Dark Riders x6 - RxB, Shield
    138 points

138 points

Special:

Cold One Knights x5 - Dread Knight
    159 points

Black Guard x19 - Kouran, Banner of Hag Graef
    365 points

Rare:

War Hydra
    175 points

Total: 2244 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Warriors x29 - Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer
    212 points
    Personally I think that 20-25 is plenty for the dagger bunker. It is a bone of contention here but that is my feeling on it.

138 points

138 points
    I usually use 5 but 6 can work too. Not sure if Fast Cav. rule is affected if there is a character in the unit(can they still use free reforms and regular action after rallying?)

Cold One Knights x5 - Dread Knight
    159 points
    I believe the points are off here, I think it is 151.

Black Guard x19 - Kouran, Banner of Hag Graef
    365 points
    I started off with Kouran but ended up going with a Tower Master w/ Crimson Death. Unbreakable is nice but they are pretty hard to break in the first place(unless you play against alot of Fear and don't want to chance it).

I would put the extra points into either Shades or Harpies. Both are very useful for getting behind enemy lines and causing havoc. The rest of the list looks fine. Good luck with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of maybe dropping the Dragon as well... What else should I put up in this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you drop the dragon down to a manticore that will still give you the mobile character and 120pts to spare. You cld use these to get an RBT or a unit of shades, i find 6 of these with great weapons work well - and take the bloodshade if you plan on hiding your assassin in the unit. If you dropped the dragon completely then id recommend one or even 2 RBTS, and then you've still got a few points left to play with. I run my BG 6x3 so i get as many attacks as possible and i find that works well, so you could drop off 2BGs from your unit. Th eonly problem is the minus one rank, so its up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dark_Elves View Post
    You cld use these to get an RBT or a unit of shades, i find 6 of these with great weapons work well - and take the bloodshade if you plan on hiding your assassin in the unit.
    The problem with putting in shades, or maybe even some more shooty, is that most people here play Bretonnia, and I dont see the benefit of using these guys against people that are always on cavalry and rarely leave anyone in the back so that the shades could make short work of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, well i guess maybe something like a cold One chariot might be useful against cavalry. If your mainly playing Bretonnia then it would probably be worth while mouting your lord on a manticore or dragon. Just a guess though, i've never played against bretonnia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey well if I were you I would et some shades in that list they are great against dwarfs and really any other warmachine as well if they have there wizards at the back you could finish them off easily with handfull of them. Dont give them the six up save though its waste when there gonna die no matter what ( there behind enemy lins what do you expect).

+ Reply to Thread