1000pts Just starting DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Just starting DE

Sorceress 100pts :LvL 2, Darkstar Cloak =160pts

Dark Elf Warriors *20: Shields, Standard, Musician =149

Dark Riders *8: Muscian, RxB = 183

Shades*10: Great Weapons =180

Assassin: Addtional hand weapon, rune of khain, cloak of shadows = 141

Hydra = 175pts

=988

The idea was that Sorc would go with warriors. the riders 8 strong to survive some shooting at them, be using them to flank, march block, and pick off small flanking units with the Rxb. Shades march block, flank, Shoot and use them for a delivery system for my Assasin to go wizard hunting early on too establish an early dominace in the magic phase, with 5 to 7 attacks and ASF i could also see him being a pain to any small gunline units he charges. And a hydra to form the Hammer to the Warriors Anvil.

So what do you guys think? its my first list, so let me know any criticism.
    Cheers in Advance. the Prince.

Last edited by Prince666; June 4th, 2009 at 12:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya,

First off i would like to say that your unit and model count are very low. Your using 30% of your points on characters, i would try and bring that down to 20% and add another
    core unit.

Btw. If your going to put the sorceress into the warior unit, drop 1 warrior.

Hydra is a beast in this point limit.

If this is the list you like, my advise would be take out the goodies from your characters and squeeze in another unit of warriors or crossbowmen.

Good luck

Naz
    A new day...
    New problems...
    New solutions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the assassin down to just add hand weapon and manbane, dont think theres any real for magic movement at this points level. Shades work best i find in a unit of 6 or 7 and dark riders in units of 5, that said i run 7 with my mounted sorceress but mainly cause i like the look of the larger unit. So one less spearman like nazrael999 said , 3 less Shades and 3 less dark riders should leave room for 10 RXBs, they need a musician and if you've got the points give them shields.

The hydra is pure evil at this level...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I would actually suggest keeping your sorceress. Possibly though swap out the cloak for the sacrificial dagger. With this bump up your warriors to 25.

Drop your riders down to 5.

Drop your shades down to 6-7, no need for 10 at this level. Also drop the GW, if all they will be doing is harassing flanks they should never need to use them.

If you are just going to use your assassin for killing mages he wont need that many attacks. Consider throwing manbane along with rending stars. If he gets within range of anything with this and its alone its as good as dead. For future reference this guy can pop chariots and war machines with relative ease. He can auto-destroy chariots and wound even the war machine on 4's.

SBM

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I have the dark elf book and at this level I would lower the dark riders down to 5-6 and put x-bows on them. I would also take out the assassin and replace it with another sorceress. put both the sorceresses on dark steeds. I would take out the shades not much use at this level put in unit of 10 x-bows and with the freed up points from the first dark riders unit and shades unit put another 5-6 xbowed dark rider unit in. so now you have two units 2 units of dark riders with x bows---two sorcesses on dark steeds--- a unit of warriors and a unit of crossbowmen and a hydra. sounds good and solid. keep the hydra with the spearmen and run the sorcesses near your dark riders and take lore of iron on your sorcesses to mash up the heavy armored units

+ Reply to Thread