2 Lists I'm thinking of running(2250) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Lists I'm thinking of running(2250)

hello just wanting to get some feed back on these lists I'm considering running for a tournament here in Fort Worth.

List 1(magic heavy, sit back and make them come to me)

Dreadlord on Manticore w/ shield, sea dragon cloak, Crimson Death, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Sacrificial Dagger, Dispel Scroll

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll

15 Warriors(sac dagger sorc here)

10 Crossbowmen w/ shields

5 Dark Riders w/ musician, repeater crossbows

Assassin w/ ahw, touch of death, rune of khaine, cloak of twilight

20 Black Guard w/ FC, Hag Graef, Soul Render

2 Bolt Throwers

1 War Hydra

List 2(really fighty list)

Dreadlord on Cold One, shield, sea dragon cloak, Deathpiercer, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth

Master on cold one chariot, heavy armor, shield, sea dragon cloak, heavy armor, Sword of Ruin

Master w/ halberd, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, shield, Ring of Darkness

Sorceress w/ dispel scroll x2

20 Warriors w/ fc, war banner, shields

2x5 Dark Riders w/ repeater crossbows, musician

5 CoK w/ FC, Slaughter, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness

Cold One Chariot

20 Black Guard w/ FC, Hag Graef, Ring of Hotek

2x War Hydra

So what do you think about both?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manticore counts as an additional hero choice thus u have 5 characters in ur first list. that be illegal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the dark elf book, A character riding a Black dragon and a master(but not a dreadlord) riding a manticore take up an additional hero spot, so my list is legal.

Page 91 of the Dark Elf book, bottom of the page under the character mount entry

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Dreadlord on Manticore w/ shield, sea dragon cloak, Crimson Death, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth overkill in my opinion, but do what you want. Maybe you're counting on the manticore getting shot out from under your turn 1-2 and that's why he needs so much protection. He's still not protected from fear and outnumber which will be his death.

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll this works only sometimes depending on your opponent. Your magic can either be effective or just a point drain. Not sure what else to tell you except I'd drop the pegasus, that makes that sorceress worth more than she should be. Powerstones would be better in my opinion.

15 Warriors(sac dagger sorc here)

10 Crossbowmen w/ shields

Assassin w/ ahw, touch of death, rune of khaine, cloak of twilight this is silly, just stick with the manbane and rending stars to be competative, if you just want to have fun, go for it. cloak of twighlight usually gets your assassin killed. Maybe he takes out something and it's worth it to you, maybe not.

20 Black Guard w/ FC, Hag Graef, Soul Render

2 Bolt Throwers

1 War Hydra

List 2(really fighty list) really the only problems I have with this is the overkill protection on your dreadlord (does he really need that many saves? - share some love with the masters)
    ring of hotek is not a cureall for magic defense - I'd feel more comfortable with more defense
    you have to take stupidity tests - this will ruin one of your games for you usually. It would ruin probably 2 of my games.

Dreadlord on Cold One, shield, sea dragon cloak, Deathpiercer, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth

Master on cold one chariot, heavy armor, shield, sea dragon cloak, heavy armor, Sword of Ruin

Master w/ halberd, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, shield, Ring of Darkness

Sorceress w/ dispel scroll x2

2x5 Dark Riders w/ repeater crossbows, musician

5 CoK w/ FC, Slaughter, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness

Cold One Chariot

2x War Hydra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm

List 1(magic heavy, sit back and make them come to me)

Dreadlord on Manticore w/ shield, sea dragon cloak, Crimson Death, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth (Hmmm: lose the armor of eternal servitude, cost to much for what it's worth. I'm not sure of the pendant of khaeleth too. think about: Crimson Death: Armour of Darkness: and a magic item (power stone + something). And don't mount it. Instead of a manticore take a unit executioners or black guard to put it in.)

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll (Lose the pegasus, you're not going to need it, unless you want to fly from one corner to the other? Didn't think so. Why not lose your Dreadlord and take a Supreme Sorceress? Plus, why all the dispel scrolls? You'll have enough dices to dispell. 75 pts for dispel scrolls just seems a waiste. If you want to be sure of good spells, instead of an extra lvl 2 take "tome of furion".)

Sorceress w/ lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll

15 Warriors(sac dagger sorc here) (You should atleast bring 25 warriors if you want to use the "sac dagger" properly. Not only will you're sorceress kill the whole unit now, they might run when losing 25%)

10 Crossbowmen w/ shields (they don't need shields. they shoot. If they engage in battle they are lost anyway. That extra point just seems waiste again.)

Assassin w/ ahw, touch of death, rune of khaine, cloak of twilight (Lose it, take a noble instead)

20 Black Guard w/ FC, Hag Graef, Soul Render (Why don't you put in a NOBLE here? with the battle standard bearer? You can boost their attacks with the Hydra banner if they attack.)

2 Bolt Throwers

1 War Hydra

I really don't like you're list Nr 1. It seems very week. The only proper unit you have are 20 black guards, in a 2250 army?? You'll be overrun and overkilled easily! Lose the expensive crap and go for more men.
    List 2(really fighty list)

Dreadlord on Cold One, shield, sea dragon cloak, Deathpiercer, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth (take drealord which i suggested in first list, you can remove armor of darkness for something more usefull becaues he is mounted.)

Master on cold one chariot, heavy armor, shield, sea dragon cloak, heavy armor, Sword of Ruin (instead of putting him in a chariot, make him a battle standard bearer. you can win so much with good magic banners!)

Master w/ halberd, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, shield, Ring of Darkness ( lose the ring, lose the halberd, give him a magic weapon.)

Sorceress w/ dispel scroll x2 (lose the dispel scrolls, gain spell dices. Dark elves aren't made to fight, they made to shoot and magic)

2x5 Dark Riders w/ repeater crossbows, musician (you can use them to flank. or take out enemy artillery.)

5 CoK w/ FC, Slaughter, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness (battle standard bearer?)

Cold One Chariot

2x War Hydra

+ Reply to Thread