First 1k DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First 1k DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 1k DE

I haven't played a game of WHFB yet so I'm not terribly certain about tactics regarding this army. Any and all suggestions or criticism is very welcome.

Heroes:
    Sorceress- General, Lv.2 Upgrade, Sacrificial Dagger - 160

Core:
    10x Repeater Crossbowmen - 100
    15x Corsairs- Extra Hand Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer, Sea Serpent Standard (Frenzy) - 190
    15x Warriors- Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer - 114
    5x Dark Riders- Musician, Repeater Crossbows - 117

Special:
    5x Cold One Knights- Musician - 143

Rare:
    War Hydra - 175

Total
    999 points

At this point I'm thinking the Sorceress goes with the Crossbowmen as protection and dagger fodder. I'm worried about their low numbers and causing my own panic tests, though.

The Corsairs look like they can dish out a good amount of pain, but I am a little concerned about Frenzy and someone just leading them around the board with a faster unit.

The Dark Riders I've heard were fantastic march-blockers and can pick at flanks when need be.

Cold One Knights look just plain mean and conveniently happen to come in the Battalion Box I bought.

The War Hydra just looks great (stat wise). Not a huge fan of the model, but I'll either get over that or find an alternate one. I don't play at GW-sponsored tourneys anyways so I'm not overly concerned about the particular models I swap out in favor of. Any of you have alternate model suggestions for this guy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes:
    Master: Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Soul Render, Ring of Hotek - 135

Core:
    10x Repeater Crossbowmen - 100
    14x Corsairs- Extra Hand Weapons, Champion, Standard Bearer, Sea Serpent Standard (Frenzy) - 185
    15x Warriors- Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion - 120
    5x Dark Riders- Musician, Repeater Crossbows - 117

Special:
    5x Cold One Knights- Champion, Standard Bearer - 167

Rare:
    War Hydra - 175

Total
    992 points

Question: Can the Master even have a shield while wielding the Soul Render? It seems like it would be difficult to wield a two-handed great weapon while also using a proper shield. If he cannot, then the shield goes away and then I'd have enough points to put shields on my Crossbowmen to give them a little protection against return fire.

I took the Sorceress out because going halfway with magic doesn't work and going full on with magic means dropping either an entire block of infantry or my Hydra, neither one I particularly want.

The Champions seem like worthwhile investments on the CoKs and the Corsairs, more attacks for not a large investment of points seems worthwhile. I took the musician out of the Corsairs and CoKs because it seems like they wouldn't run into draw situations very often. With both of them I expect they will either butcher something or bounce off of heavy armor/tough opponents. Of course, if I now find out that the +1 leadership to rally helps with Stupidity rolls on the CoKs I'd have to put the musician back.

+ Reply to Thread