2000 DE, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 DE, Friendly

A friend of mine is now collecting Dark Elves and I wanna help him out on how to write some good lists for the army as he is frustrated atm. Anyway we are starting 2000 points soon, so I thought I would write up a list to help him figure out which direction he wants to build his army. This is the first Dark Elf list I have ever written, so any constructive criticism is welcome.

Lord
    Dreadlord - Pendant of Khaeleth, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Deathpiercer, Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield

Hero
    Master - Armour of Darkness, Talisman of Protection, Great Weapon, Battle Standard
    Sorceress - Lvl 2, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll
    Sorceress - Lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll

Core
    Dark Riders X 5 - Rptr Crossbows
    Warriors w/R Rptr Crossbows X 10
    Warriors w/R Rptr Crossbows X 10

Special
    Cold One Knights X 6 - Full Command, Standard of Slaughter, Champ w/Null Talisman
    Black Guard X 14, Standard, Champion, Standard of Hag Graef, Champ w/Crimson Death

Rare
    Bolthrowers X 2
    Hydra

Total = 1997

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

The list looks fine actually. Pretty good effort.

There are some chances for points shaving though, but for a new player, it might be best just to leave it as it is.

If you are curious what should be shaved:

BSB: not needed in an army that has high leadership and no real block units. Black guard are already Ld 9 ItP stubborn, if they lose it is unlikely they will run. (more likely to be killed to the last) If you do use one, the best use is a magic banner for some unit combo. My favorite is hydra banner cold ones, followed by unbreakable warrior blocks (for the block lists). Hydra banner black guard or witches are also scary, but mostly in a cauldron list. That being said, if you go with a non magic bsb, run with a dark steed or cold one mounted master, with a naturally good save, and seal of ghrond as additional magic defense. The talisman of protection is junk point filler. Remember, mounted characters can even join non mounted units.

The cold ones don't need so much upgrades. I assume the lord is going to be in the unit, so the extra body isn't needed. Music isn't needed since it shouldn't tie, and with LD 10 you don't get a rally bonus. Champ is a costly way to get an extra attack and a pittance of MR. I personally only take that champ if I plan on using Ring of Hotek on them.
    Last edited by notabot187; November 4th, 2009 at 16:57.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I play my armies I always put a champ in cavalry when I have a character in the unit, the reason I do this is because I can put the char on one end of the unit, and the champ on the other. So if they get flanked, or charged my chariots on the flank, all those attacks have to go against that model, and not the unit. It's a good tactic, however I don't see people use it that often.

The BSB is there because that unit will most likely be in the middle of the battlefield, which is a good spot to benefit from the bonuses. It is also there for combat res, that master will be good for 3 combat res every turn pretty much

+ Reply to Thread