Tournament List 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament List 2250

Hey. I am entering my first tournament and I want to hear other peoples oppinion about my army list, which is magic heavy.

Supreme Sorceress: 370(Level 4, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Pendant of Khaeleth)
    Sorceress: 160(level 2, sacrificial dagger
    sorceress: 135(level 2)
    Master(BS: 214(Cold One, HA, SDC, shield, lance, Hydra Banner)

Core:

17 Warriors with Champ: 108
    10 RxB: 100
    5 Dark Riders: 85
    5 Harpies: 55
    Assassin: 145

Special:

5 Cold One Knights with Standard Bearer, Standard of Slaugther: 186
    10 Black Guard with FC, Crimson Death for Tower Master and Banner of Hag Graef: 225
    5 Shades with Great Weapons: 90

Rare:

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers: 200
    1 War Hydra: 175

TOTAL: 2248

Please comment your critic and ideas. For your information: I'll be playing VC(Dragon), DE(Dragon), Empire(Steam Tank). These armies there is a quite good chance for me to be put up against. So have that in mind..

Last edited by Happy Ninja; November 9th, 2009 at 00:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Zei
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump warriors to 20 with FC. Hydra banner on coldones might be a bit of overkill when your other units are really lacking equipment. Get 15-18 Black Guards 10 is not enouth to do anything because they will be killed by range before they make it to combat. Assassin needs + HW and rune of khaine imo if you have the points. I havn't calculated the points cost cbf but r u sure its 2250 points looks a lil less
    Dark Elves W/D/L/ 11-3-3
    Dwarfs W/D/L 0/1/2
    Last game: Dwarfs - Draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your quick answer and I see your point. I am considering:

Supreme Sorceress: 370(Level 4, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Pendant of Khaeleth)
    Sorceress: 160(level 2, sacrificial dagger
    sorceress: 135(level 2, Tome of Furion)
    Master: 114(Cold One, HA, SDC, shield, lance)

Core:

20 Warriors with Champ: 126
    5 Dark Riders: 85
    Assassin with Rending Stars and Manbane: 145

Special:

15 Black Guard with FC, Crimson Death for Tower Master and Banner of Hag Graef: 290

Rare:

TOTAL: 2246

How do you think this will work=?

Zei
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, i like it, only thing i could suggest would be to somehow fit in a FC for warriors because there not gonna win on kills they need their static combat res, other then that its very simular to the list i use in fact its better then mine but i had to take malus coz didnt have more models to feild but yea its almost exactly same as mine.

Is the assassin going with shades unit and hiding i a forest, what i do and found that works is getting my assassin with shades, shoot the flying units who fly to the side getting my warmachines, then i can flank charge some unit thats locked in combat in middle of feild, very affective imo
    GL with it
    Dark Elves W/D/L/ 11-3-3
    Dwarfs W/D/L 0/1/2
    Last game: Dwarfs - Draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Zei:

If you didn't notice the warriors don't have shields. They were never intended for combat. They are power dice for the lvl 2 with dagger. So they don't need any other upgrade, and the original unit size was actually fine.

OP:

The cold one knights really don't need/want that banner upgrade. They shouldn't be charging things they can't break on the charge with kills/flank bonus. I personally use either the 135 point configuration (nothing) or the 151 (banner only). Anything higher and you are getting into the points territory of hydras, and cold one knights are no hydra.

Give your dark riders RxBs. They are a bit pricey for the shots, but they give enough volume to be worth their time. In fact, since regular RxB usually hit on 6s first turn, dark riders are able to close to hit on 5s first turn. So even though the DR have less shots, they actually hit nearly as often, and can do more than just stand there and wait to die.

If you are just wanting volume of powerdice, just go with a lvl 4 sac dagger, put the tome on a peg or dark steed, and scrap the last wizard. It actually ends up saving a decent number of points, and you end up with more power dice than how you have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick replies..

I see what you mean about the Dark Riders and their crossbows. I think that it is 25 easy points to give the opponent. Anyway I like to use the Dark Riders as flankers, especially against large blocks. Of cause they aint the best flankers against VC.

Though it should be said that I have often played them with RxB's and with succes.

Zei: I like putting my Assassin in the Shades. Alot. But sometimes it is what the opponent expects. So sometimes I put him in the Warriors, if they are going to enter combat. Though I am not so lucky in foreseeing if they are entering combat.. But it depends who I am playing. Also if the opponent has alot of terror/fear-causing units, then I don't deploy him in the Shades. I also like putting him in the BG to gain some extra punch. But it all depends.

I think, I will go home and calculate a bit on that sorceress stuff.. If it can give me PD and spend less points.. Uh yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. i just wanted to post the list I am going to play this weekend against another DE player with a Dragon and alot of knights.
    And I think, I have listened alot to your advice, but still with the magic standard in the CoK.

Here it goes:

Supreme Sorceress: 320(level 4, Sacrificial Dagger, Pendant of Khaeleth)
    Sorceress: 200(level 2, Dark Pegasus, Tome of Furion)
    Sorceress: 135(level 2)
    Master: 114(Cold One, HA, SDC, shield, lance)

Core:

20 Warriors with Champ+musician: 129
    5 Dark Riders w. RxB's: 110
    Assassin with Rending Stars and Manbane: 145

Special:

15 Black Guard with FC, Crimson Death for Tower Master and Banner of Hag Graef: 290

Rare:

TOTAL: 2249

If you have any advice for how I should play this guy. Please reply.
    Last edited by Happy Ninja; November 11th, 2009 at 18:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might need to have another big block of troops. If you plan on sacrificing the warrior unit for your supreme sorceress and without spears the unit wont stand much of a chance if it gets charged, not that you would really want it anywhere near combat with the sorceress in it. Other than the warriors all you have is the BG for a good anvil. Maybe drop the assassin for another unit of 20 warriors with shields.

Also, id drop the tome of furion of the sorceress with the peg and try to make room for the focus familiar.

Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread