1k All-comers (Friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x1)

1k All-comers (Friendly)

Hey all,

After messing around with VC for a while, I decided it was time to start collecting a second army. Due to a long standing and rarely mentioned love affair with Dark Eldar, I've decided that Dark Elves would be a natural choice for Fantasy. This is just a rough list to get my piratey bearings again. I went for a balanced list to start with, let me know if there are any glaring errors in the list that I should change, or minor improvements I could tweak.

Master: Hydra Blade, AHW, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress: Level 2, Tome of Furion

20 Warriors: Shields, Full Command

10 Repeaters Crossbowmen: Champion

5 Cold One Knights

8 Shades

14 Black Guard: Standard of Hag Graef

The Master will sit in the Black Guard unit, effectively serving as the unit champion with his veritable buttload of attacks. Combined with ASF, I don't see much standing up to this. The Shades and Crossbows are there purely for harassment (and WM hunting in the case of the Shades), while the CoKs are there for flanking and the Spearmen for soaking up damage. The sorceress will flit about either in the Spearmen or, most likely, the Crossbowmen, wreaking all manner of magical chaos.

All comments and critique are welcomed.

"I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

2. Remove Advertisements

Central California
    26 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's good as it is but that won't stop me from recommending some tweaks. You have two anvils, the Warriors and Black Guard. I think only one is needed at the 1k level. Also, your Master is pretty much an assassin--if you drop an anvil unit, you could use the points to switch him to a sorceress and then include an assassin.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread