1000 pts DE list for tourny, Be brutal >:) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts DE list for tourny, Be brutal >:)

Hey guy's, here's my list...

16 Warriors w/ swords + shields, standard and musician.

6 dark riders, no shield (for fast cav.), and standard.

6 COK's (lances, heavy armour), standard and musician.

10 witch elves (Which poison do they use?), standard and musician.

12 executioners, standard and musician.

CHARACTERS:

Lv 2. sorc w/ focus fam and sac dagger (To be used in warrior reg... Basically, i want spells to work)

Master on cold one w/ heavy armour, lance and shield (Nothing special bout him..)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Don't give dark riders standard. If they lose combat and break, giving up an additional 100 points is just to painful for a support unit. If you are going to make them fast cav, give them crossbows.

CoKs don't really need music, they are LD 9, which is enough to rally if they have to flee. Since knights are supposed to be flanking units, you shouldn't be trying to match the SCR of a block unit full on. At most you should be having to beat a SCR of 1 for outnumber, 1 for banner, and maybe 1 or so more from magic banners or BSBs. The chance that your flank charge with CoKS is going to fail to overcome a paltry 2-3 res is not worth paying points to break a tie. TBH, I usually just run them with No Command, just a banner, or if I am feeling generous, the standard of slaughter.

Your lvl 2 is not legal. you can only take 1 arcane item, and you have two.

Witches use normal poison, so they auto wound on a 6 to hit.

Executioners kind of suck, but at least you aren't wasting too many points on them. I wouldn't make that unit any bigger, as it is now, it going to attract quite a bit of attention. (most expensive unit in list)

If you are going to put the master in the CoKs unit, then you might as well just run 5, against most units the most you can ever get in is 6, and probably even less if you are flank charging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooookay... after some minor adjustments (thank you notabot )

Here's the list..

16 Warriors w/ shields + std/mus = 121 pts
    + Lv. 2 sorc w/ disp scroll + sac dagger = 185 pts.
    (Warrior block total = 306)

6 D.riders w/ Rxb = 132 pts

4 Coks w/ std = 124pts
    +Master on cold one w/ hvy armor, lance, shield, Potion of strength, blood armor = 155 pts
    (COK unit total = 279 pts..)

10 W.E, std/mus = 115

12 exec. std/mus = 162 pts

Points Total = 994

After thought: I would have replaced the potion of strength, and blood armor with a unit of 5 harpies had i the $54 to do so... but that's a bit costly. Basically i wanted to eat up remaining points. Any other suggestions? Adding full commands maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

the minimum squad size for Cold one knights is 5. So that unit on the second list isn't legal. What I meant when I said 5, is 5 with a master so you are 6 wide. Which is the most you can get into combat.

You can't take blood armor and heavy armor. You have to choose which one you want to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allright... thanks for all your help by the way. this list is gonna be sweet when it's done..

*Revised:

5 coks w/ std + dread knight (extra 16 points for dread...)

add a hag to the WE unit (extra 10 pts for hag)

change the exec. to black guard and add Kouran. (extra 12 points to upgrade, and 75 more for Kouran)

Took out the cold one master... he wasnt so hot anyways..

Exactly 1000 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you don't have many troops and can keep the important ones within a 12'' bubble fairly easily, I'd give the Dread Knight the Ring of Hotek and drop the dispell scroll on the Sorc. Besides, hopefully you'll be slinging so many power dice he'll use up all of his magic trying to counter you. Also, maybe give your girl the Pearl of Bleakness, so the warriors don't wise up and run away from her as fast as they can.

The hag isn't really worth it, and neither is Kouran. Instead, give the BG a Tower Master with Crimson Death (Str. 6 FTW!) and/or the Standard of Hag Graef (this allows them to be charged by basically anything and not care) or the Standard of Murder (this allows them to mince knights quite effectively).

Also, I'd drop the WE down to 7, as that's the most that can be in base contact, and since they're dead if they get shot at all, you don't really need the extra bodies. Also, I'd drop the Dark Riders to 5 and give them a musician so they can flee from charges and rally again.

+ Reply to Thread