1000 points Dark Elves friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points Dark Elves friendly

Dark Elves 1000 Points
    Heroes
    Sorceress 160
    Level 2
    Darkstar Cloak

Core

20 Warriors 160
    Shields
    Full Command

12 Repeater Crossbowmen 120

12 Black Ark Corsairs 145
    Command

Special

10 Executioners 150
    Command

10 Black Guard 165
    Command

Rare

Reaper Bolt Thrower 100

Total 1000

thats my list (do not own all of these models yet but started with the warriors and crossbowmen, 10 corsairs, and 5 executioners) thought these models would be standard in an army.

totally inexperienced warhammer player so all advice and definately criticisms would be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure how useful the Darkstar cloak is going to be since you already have " Power of Darkness". You'll probably find that the Tome of Furion works much better. Alternatively, you may want to consider a "Focus familiar" since she seems to be on foot.

Secondly, you can probably shave off a lot of points by picking and choosing WHICH members of a command squad you want. A musician in a squad of black guard, for instance, probably wont offer up many benefits since they are stubborn and have 9 ld. The extra points will come in handy for getting magic items that will give you an edge...

Not sure that I would go with executioners here. For the cost, you could easily go for a cav. unit, either. Cok, or Dark Riders. I'm just not seeing how 10 executioners are going to work well with this list unless you can get them to charge into a flank. (do not let anyone charge them under any circumstance!)

I'm fairly new to Warhammer myself, so I'll just end it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

When you buy command, make sure the benefit is worth the cost. Executioners don't really benefit from command, since they are very unlikely to win by SCR. Same thing goes for corsairs and black guard.

For black guard I recommend just a standard bearer, and maybe a champion with crimson death. The std bearer should be holding the std of hag graef, because ASF black guard are really good.

1 wizard isn't going to make a scary magic phase, even at this points level. I think you would do better to invest in a combat master for your warrior block.

You got the points on the warriors wrong, it is 155

So with that said, here is what I would say you should try:

Master: GW, Heavy armor, shield, sea dragon cloak, ring of darkness ~ 134

20 warriors: shield, full command ~ 155
    12 RxB ~ 120
    12 corsairs ~ extra hand bows ~ 120

10 executioners ~ 120
    12 black guard: full command, crimson death, banner of hag graef ~ 251

Reaper bolt thrower ~ 100

total ~ 1000

How this army works is the warriors and black guard form the core of your line units, and the corsairs and executioners are you flanking support units. The 2 dedicated shooting units should be a good fire lane, but should be careful to not get in the way of the combat line. So building a fire base in your deployment zone is the best idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies guys
    with the corsairs trouble is ive already built them in with the command, and 2 hand weapons =s don know if thats a major issue but i dont like the sounds of deconstructing my babies lol
    aside from that i think theyre changes that i can make no problem

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually prefer corsairs with 2 hand weapons. It's really a matter of preference and play style; but if you do manage to charge a unit of corsairs (with a reaver and serpent banner) into a unit of lightly armored infantry, the 16 attacks are likely to cause catastrophic alterations to your opponent's blood pressure...

This may not be the most efficient configuration for tournament use, but it is a lot of "fun" and I've had a surprising amount of success playing corsairs in this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to hear
    i didnt see the + to such a short range shooting attack when i could charge and get more attacks
    that frenzy banner is a nice idea too hadnt seen that before

also i am in no way anywhere near ready to be thinking about tournament armies yet i just want an army i can build and actually play with for a change
    had a go with lizards but never got far enough to play them - no money/ too young at the time so yeah i think il go with that for now
    stil got 5 more corsairs to make up and then paint and then the crossbows and executioners so i have alot to be getting on with for now lol

+ Reply to Thread