2250 DE Tourney army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 DE Tourney army

Heres an army im strongly considering tournamenting with. The majority of them will be comped, so this fits in with that.

Lords/Heroes

Supreme Sorceress - Lvl4, Dark Pegasus, Pendant of Khaeleth, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll - 395pts
    Sorceress - Lvl2, Dispel Scroll, Sacrificial Dagger - 185pts
    Master - Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crimson Death - 133pts

Core

22 Spearmen - Full Command - 169pts
    6 Dark Riders -Crossbows, Musician - 139pts
    5 Harpies - 55pts
    5 Harpies - 55pts

Special

5 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Banner of Cold Blood - 190pts
    6 Cold one Knights - Standard, Musician - 186pts
    5 Shades - Great Weapons - 90pts

Rare

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers - 200pts
    Hydra

2250pts

Any comments/criticisms welcome and appreciated!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Is the command on the cold ones doing anything other than costing you points? I can see the usefulness of the banner of cold blood on the masters unit, but I don't see how music is all that helpful on LD9 units that win with kills. What is the champion doing in that unit? A properly built master should be able to hold his own. The other unit I just don't get why it has any command. I would also save the points on the extra guy. When you flank (which you should always try to do) you won't always get the last on in. And he doesn't really change your chances charging in the front by enough to justify the points.

Why does your LVL 4 have both focus familiar and the pendant? If you are using the familiar well, you shouldn't be exposed to be hit by shooting or most magic. If you have the pendant, you can stand in the open and take cannonballs. I say give the pendant to the master, and then give him a normal lance or the sword of might.

I used to run units of dark riders like you have, but I stopped because they are very fragile. I decided if I'm going to lose them, to lose as few points as possible. I now only run them as 5 with bows and no command. The music only your rally chances about 11%.

I don't really think that you need dispel scrolls all that much, but if you like them go with them.

I wrote up a modified version of your list, and was able to free up enough points for a unit of blackguard 12 strong with the ASF banner and a champion with Crimson death.

SS: dark peg, focus familiar ~ 335
    S: sac dagger ~ 160
    Master: full mundane, pendant, lance ~ 149

5 DR w/bows ~ 110
    5 DR w/bows ~ 110
    5 DR w/bows ~ 110
    20 warriors: shields FC ~ 155
    5 harpies ~ 55
    5 harpies ~ 55

5 shades: gw ~ 90
    5 CoKs: banner, std of cold blood ~ 166
    5 CoKs: no upgrades: 135
    12 BG: banner, champ, crimson death, standard of hag graef

war hydra ~ 175
    2 bolt throwers ~ 200

I think this list will fair a bit better, since it has a decent sized but very effective unit of BG, has all of the important offensive punch still, and uses the points a bit more efficiently. Losing a bit of magic defense hurts, but 2 scrolls really isn't going to save you as much as you would like. 5 DD is enough defense for most matches.

I decided since your first list is going to get dinged by comp scores anyways, you might as well just run the ASF blackguard. (to take that though further, why not 2 hydras?) The best ways to deal with comp is if you go with a total fluff list and do well enough that your good comp carries you, or to bring a hard as nails list and take the comp hit like a champ. The idea is to massacre the fluff lists so you win with battle points instead of short bus points. Going for a list that is in the middle means that you will be stomped by the hard lists, and the kitten lists might actually have a chance of beating you too. Not a good place to be, since you will take a small comp hit, lose games to people who don't care, and not win by massacre against the guys who get full or nearly full comp.

I personally found that tourneys will give a comp hit for pendants, sac daggers, hydras, bringing multiple units of the same special or rare, any monster above US 4, and shades with GW sometimes get dinged as well. Do you have a comp restriction criteria that is consistent for all of the events you plan on attending? Or is it up to the whim of whomever the TO happens to be for that event?

+ Reply to Thread