1250 - Competitive (MSU) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 - Competitive (MSU)

After C+C... haven't used a MSU list before so dunno how this one will roll.

Hero 1 Sorceress Level 2, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll

Core 10 Crossbowmen Shields
    Core 10 Crossbowmen Shields
    Core 6 Dark Riders Crossbows, Musician
    Core 6 Dark Riders Crossbows, Musician

Special 6 Shades Great Weapons
    Special 5 Cold One Knights
    Special 5 Cold One Knights

Rare 2 Bolt Throwers

Cheers

Last edited by kcaj; February 22nd, 2010 at 12:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad, Magic can be quite powerful at lower point levels (even though i hate it for some reason) so you you should be able to be effective with it and keep up against magic heavy armies.

the rest of your army is pretty solid, no doubt you'll be quite mobile. However as I have painfully learned, all of your units (except somewhat for the xbows) really rely on the charge to win the combat. the CoKs can really bring the pain if you do get the charge but are often beaten if you don't. And your Shade's GW will definatly need attack first to keep these guys around.

you might think about changing maybe some xbows (maybe one unit of 12-15) and a CoK unit for some Black Guard. I know, I know, every DE player loves the BG and always brings them so if you want to try something different feel free. However, you do lack some staying power, and it's hard make a competitive list and not bring the BG, but if you'd rather leave them, it's your call.

Depending on your opponent's shooting, you will definitely have a psychological effect of having 4 units with very long charge ranges. Most opponents will opt not to walk several units straight into the charges of CoKs so this should allow you to run them up the flanks and push the enemy into the middle of the board running head long into the shooting of your xbows, shades, and RBTs. If you hang back, you can chew through a lot with that shooting before they reach you. then try to curl your CoKs back to deal with tougher combat units while sending your Dark Riders after war machines/mages/skirms.

Might not wreck all comers, but when it does work, it will prob be very satisfying.
    Last edited by Recognize Your Chain; February 23rd, 2010 at 04:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks mate.

I can see what you're saying with the BG, and I recognise they're a fantastic unit but I think they'd die turn one... Like the units other than the CoK although squishy would probably be low priority or able to keep out of harms way and hence split fire (if it isn't directed at the CoK)... That was just my figuring, I think BG might be worth a shot as you say

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true, the BG do attract a lot of attention. Though something to think about is that many opponents will focus on the immediate threat, if you are lucky enough to get first move, then you might be able to move your DR into charge range of many war machines for the next turn, maybe even pop a few shots off at them to make it obvious you are going after them. Most times your opponent will try to weaken them for the charge since most WM crew can't hold up too well in CC, this might allow your BG to survive. If they don't shoot at the DR then you've got a full unit of +1 str spear charges with hatred that will prob take them out of the game before they can wipe out the BG. However, it might make you a little reliant on that one unit, which is something i really don't like and also counter intuitive to the MSU play style which i think works great with DE.

If you have time, try test playing both armies and see which one works better and is more fun to play as.

+ Reply to Thread